Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone here play in a band before?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I lived and played the Hollywood circuit during the "hair days".....talk about excess.... Hair was down to belt level. Played bass for many years..still got the charvel-jackson and my trusty Ampeg half.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I played in a couple of bands in high school. I played lead guitar! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Does an orchestra count? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

vocals in a bad garage band... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I played in a few different metal garage bands during/after high school. I even got to play at a couple of high profile gigs with well-known local bands. After I got married, had kids, and started my moving co. I didn't have time to play anymore.

About 6 months ago I hooked up with a bunch of really talented guys and dove back into the music scene here. I'm by far the biggest hack in the band, but I can keep time so that's all that really matters. We mostly play rock/classic rock/bluegrass/celtic rock cover tunes with the odd original thrown in. Right now we're working on "Coal Black" by Lennie Gallant, "Long Day" by Matchbox 20 and a pretty heavy version of "Can't You See" by The Marshall Tucker Band........

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Paul, what do you play?

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

well at one point i was "band slutting" and playing in three different bands....one was hard metal(speed metal at the time), the other was glam metal(ya know the stuff--Girls loved it so keep quiet) and the third was what would be called classically infuenced metal ala Yngwie(pronounced ingvay) type stuff. I played with some very talented people and it was all about the music(and a little fun /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif)

i've always listen punk and rock with my all time faves being the Descendants and old school Van Halen with a little Motley in the mix.....oh yeah and Megadeth too..oh yeah /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Drums, brother, although like I mentioned before I'm more of a hack than a musician.......

I try my best though. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I once wrote a theme song for the Off-Road.Com/Chevy section BBS's official webcomic. The Epic Adventures Of Andreas (our resident swede).

I think Willys might still have it

It had a fun two string guitar melody

Here we go

EPIC ADVENTURES OF ANDREAS
    WE'RE GONNA KICK A LITTLE ASS
    WE'LL KILL A FEW SANDWHICHES ON THE WAY
    AND WE'll HAVE SHAWN (spickler) AND FRANK (perrick) AND EVERYBODY INCLUDING DAN
    WE'LL EVEN HAVE SHORTS THE SEEEEEEAAAAAAA A SQUIRREL (monica molina)
    AND AJM (Andrew Mathias) AND A [darn] LOAD OF OTHER PEOPLE
    EPIC ADVENTIRES OF ANDREAS
    YEAH....

Then Andreas kind of swerved off to the drag race scene and I did a few about Jason Payne.... no theme song though

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I played trumpet in a jazz band for a few years, kinda cool. We did a little bit of traveling. Played bass in a garage band back in Vegas for couple of years. Mostly alternative and punk. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I played in a band called Terra Firma. We played metal earth music. I played, and still do play, the drums. Got me a great big Sonor kit with almost 40 pieces including a Glockenspeil or however that is spelled. I patterm my playing after Neil Pert from Rush. I can play his music beat for beat, especially from 2112.

John

12. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

I played lead guitar with a ska band about a year ago. Fun, but I play in another band now. Gonna be recording in a few weeks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif...yeah, its a pathetic garage band type thing, i dont care /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif So you have a Charvel and a Jackson eh? They make some nice guitars /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    vocals in a bad garage band... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto