Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone hiked Yosimite?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Jun 21, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just figured I'd post this here with all the local Nor Cal guys...

I'm going to hike Half Dome in Yosimite for the 4th of july with a buddy from work.
    Anyone ever done Half Dome?
    We're gonna do the 19 mile hike in one day, from about 5 in the morning till 7 at night. Everyone i've talked to like my dad and his friends said they were just about dead after that hike. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You're gonna be tired and sore as heck (do yourself a favor and stretch REALLY good before you start up)!! I only got half way and said screw it... but then again if I hadn't brought so much crap with me (camera gear) I would have probably made it...

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Me and my friend hiked 14 miles of the trail to half dome (7 miles up, then turned around) a couple years ago (we were 15 or 16). We got almost to the top and there were signs posted that said no hiking beyond that point due to icy conditions on the rock! That pissed us off big time /forums/images/icons/mad.gif ! It actually isn't a bad hike though, we did most of the trail in a "trail jogging" fashion. 4 hours up and 2 hours down. Pretty easy if you're not a smoker /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WHAT???
    Hiking? With your feet? No gas? No oil? No drivetrain? What the hell is wrong with you? Now your really loosin it!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    heheheh J/K
    The last time I 'walked' was cuz I ran out of gas! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    You don't want me going! I would get about 50ft and say screw this were the hell is my K5? I'm drivin up there /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif !!!
    hehehe
    Hey Bring water! Last time I went hikning(years ago) I broght more beer than water....man that was a mistake! Ranger had to come get me and my buddy. The temp got over 100 that day and we were toast!!! Out of water and beer by the time the range got us /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Some people just were not ment to hike.........ME!!
    heheheheh
    Hey see ya in a week YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif