Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in Co. want a running 454 free?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cochino12, Jun 9, 2004.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

Ok now I have your attention here is the catch. I got a line on a 1 ton truck that has a running 454 that I would like to take the axles,and diff and swap into my K5. Problem is I am not much of a wrench and have no Idea how hard its going to be or even where to start switching things over. So I would be willing to give the 454 and give to whoever will help (a lot, while I help and learn) for labor changing all this stuff over. I will be ordering a 4" lift that I will be putting on at the same time also. Do I need new driveshafts other parts etc etc etc. Let me know if anyone is interested.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Why can't you live in AZ /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. sr175

sr175 Registered Member

Wish I lived in CO. I just pulled one out of mine but may be putting it back in sometime soon after rebuild. Just got done rebuilding my truck, complete drive train replacement.

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Move to South Carolina. Hell for this project I'll buy the beer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'd be way interested and would drive up there and get the engine and give ya a hand switching stuff out, but I leave for school in a couple of days and will be gone for two months and only home on the weekends.

Is it a 454 TBI? If so and you still haven't made any progress by the time I get out of school in August, let me know and we may be able to work something out.

6. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you may have to have the shafts reyoked or buy combe ujoints but there around 30 bucks a peice oh wait i think you may only need one . any way pm me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

PM sent /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif