Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in LA or MS helping out with their trucks.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gzzgfw, Aug 31, 2005.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anybody that lives down that way with big lifted trucks are helping recover & Rescue in the deep water and mud?

Here in Indiana I have been involved with delivery of medicenes and rescue during heavy snows with our firedept?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have tried calling a few places, but they are not looking for help, just donations. The Dept. of Wildlife has reportedly sent agents home because they have all of the help that they need. Its really more of a boat operation (airboats espicially) than truck at this point.

3. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

There's almost no getting into New Orleans right now. Even if we can get in, its very dangerous. I'd have to take enough fuel to get there and back, and have to pack heat to defend it. So for the most part, we're helping around here. Donating time, blankets and such to the local shelters.
    Some friends were able to get into Mississippi to pickup their family yesterday. They had to move a lot of trees with his truck.

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Click the link in my signature. We're going every weekend until.....

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    That's really awesome of you and your club. Please be careful.
    I donated what I could tonight and only hope it helps someone.

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Money donations are good - but (I think) in a very small way. Actual tangable items to help someone have a better day is what is really needed, and is what we are supplying to people.

People have asked my how much money they should give me - I don't want their money, I want them to find companies or establishments who can donate a sizeable number of survival items/useful items to be handed out, get it to us, and we'll get it to the people in need.

Fingers crossed.