Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in Lodi with a welder?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chris672, Dec 20, 2002.

1. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I need a little welding done on a truck that is out at my grandparents house. The truck cant be moved or towed so I need someone with a portable 110 welder. I just need two spring hangers welded on.

2. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

chris, im not sure if my friend tony has a portable welder or not, but i will find out. too bad its not towable, he has a full shop of welding and machining tools. ill let you know.

later, todd

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

we have a gas powered arc welder that is towable...but i am not sure if its licenced or not..but do have dealer plates so i could always do that!

4. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I'm not in a hurry so if anyone can help out, just let me know when it is convient for you. There are some welding tanks in the barn that the truck is stored in but no one knows if they have gas in them or how to weld. I guess I could check and see if there is gas and maybe someone could come and weld them for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I have a Lincoln SP 125 110v mig you can use if you need too. I have I think about 1/2 spool left and a brand new one... I plan to go to Galt on Tuesday morning... so lemme know. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

if you have 220 near it i have a 100 ft cord for my lincoln arc welder
    let me know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

ChevCaGal- I go up to Sac a couple times a month so if I cant find someone in Lodi, I'll come up there and pick it up if you dont mind.
    76k5Blazer- I dont think there is any 220 outlets out in the barn where the truck is. You could just plug it into two 110 outlets, rights? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for all the offers, like I said, I'm not in any hurry and I dont want to inconvience anyone. I just I'd see if there was anyone local with a portable welder.