Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in NC heard about this?

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 79Stomper, Dec 3, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Took the Grocery getter in the other day to get this years inspection sticker put on it. Well the guy who did it said that the inspections were going up to 30 bucks December of 05, and they were also going to start doing emissions testing. He didn't know how in depth they would get or whether they would get sniffers into to do the tests either.
    Anyone heard this or was this guy just trying to blow smoke up my a$$?

James

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All right I am in the clear. My truck will be 26 years old, plus I don'tlive in an emission controlled county.

Thanks,
    James

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, I'll jump in here, some new laws coming to the plate soon, buddy of mine works for the county, and I know a couple different inspection guys. This is all certain for Mecklenburg county, but all of the guys I talk to say it will go for the state soon. Right now, any vehicle from 68-72 has to have the smog equipment on it, but it doesnt have to pass a sniffer test. Anything from 73-present has to pass a smog test ( be it sniffer or obdII). Everything has to take a safety test.

As of january 06, vehicles from 96 and newer will have to pass a obdII and a safety. Vehicles from 95 to 70 (as a starting point, it might be 69) will have to pass a safety and a visual (that is of course, unless you know the inspection guy in which case you could be free of smog crap). It will be a rolling date moving up one year at a time. Then vehicles older than those 25 years, 68 and older wont even have to take a safety.

Can we all get a hell yeah!