Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone in northern ga

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rich01, May 20, 2003.

1. rich01

rich01 Registered Member

is there anyone in north georgia that would be willing to work on my transmission????its leaking fluid before transmission recieves it..

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    its leaking fluid before transmission receives it..

[/ QUOTE ] is the fill tube leaking or is it at the base of it where it goes into the tranny?

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

SOunds like fill tube to me as well. O-ring is like $3-4 at Napa. If you have a bolt off tranny cover makes it SUPER easy to change.

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

you live in atlanta?
    i will be a BULLDOG in athens come aug. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    we need to get together to wheel

5. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I live in Austell, Let me know if it turns out to be anything more serious than the fill tube. I've got a friend who does nothing but trannies that I would highly reccomend.

6. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

gimme one more year and i'll be there too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    you live in atlanta?
    i will be a BULLDOG in athens come aug. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    we need to get together to wheel

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ahh you kids. Athens is a bunch of pansey now. Now when I was your age it was a real party town! I use to hang out there almost every weekend, Hit the 40watt or the Uptown and catch a good bands like Pylon or ocaionaly REM would show up under a different name and do covers with Fred from the B52's singing. Yeah those were the day's. Had a friend that had an apparment over the book store and we would sit on the roof getting drunk listening to the bands in Uptown. Another friend lived in the apts behind the TKE house and we alwasy hung out at the keggers. Then wake up at noon and go over to the Taco Stand for Quesedes for lunch.
    Good lord that makes me feel old thinking back that far.

8. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know how you feel. Went back to my old college for some of my graduate work and couldn't find my way around. they've put up too many new buildings. Felt a little lost. (West Georgia, better known as Carroll Co. Community College)

My Wife's Brother owns The engine room in Athens and says the drinking rate of the natives has gone down way too much. It's hurtin' his business.