Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in or near Moab know where we can hold a meet and greet?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Feb 21, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Anyone in the area have any ideas where we can all kick back on Friday and hold a meet and greet? I figure we could meet in the Super market parking lot before each run but want a large area for Friday.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think the meet and greet at the group camp site would be cool. Of course picking a group campsite would be a good start...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Super Market???? I thought we would be far from one of thoes??? I guess the wheelin is just outside of town?? Seams if all that said they were going show up then we would fill up that lot hella quick??
    Aren't you going out thear for EJS or what ever it's called? If you are spend some time scoutin it out for us..[​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

4. CK5

I will, but I need some sugestions to scout out.

Steve

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The campgrounds are right in the town of Moab, along the main drag. There's a City Market store that also has a great deli. They sell cooked breakfasts, sandwiches to go, salads, etc. But their parking lot isn't huge. The CK5 gang showing up there all at one may overwhelm the place. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

6. HarryH3

Oh yeah, alot of the trails do start just a few miles outside of town. A few of them even start right in town! The Dump Bump and Lion's Back are just a few blocks from the main drag. [​IMG] Moab Rim starts just outside of town, then goes up to the top of the mesa, overlooking Moab.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

The entrance area to Moab Rim is the only area I know of big enough to house a bunch of K-5's Most of the campgrounds dont have much parking. Or just meet a Bump Dump and we could immediately separate the men from the boys

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

8. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey Tim it sounds like you are familiar with the area. Have you ever been to Archview Campgrounds on hwy 191 near hwy 313 intersection, or Slickrock Campgrounds in town on hwy 191? These two places said they could handle a large 4x4 group and I need to pick one to set up a group camp site. I'd hate to pick a crappy place and make everyone's stay less than stellar. I talked to the guy at Slickrock and he seemed to have the best setup for our type of group. I would appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks,
    Mike.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/search.php?searchstring=heavymetal>pics</a>

9. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Harry, sounds like you are very familiar with the area. Any input on campgrounds? Particularly Archveiw or Slickrock? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
    Mike.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/search.php?searchstring=heavymetal>pics</a>

10. HarryH3

I have some friends that live about 90 miles from Moab. They always setup the campground reservations when we go over. I can't think of the name of the place that we stayed last time. I'll post it when I find the name.

11. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Ok guys, I'm checking into some info reguarding our Bash and here is some of the things I have found.
    #1 Group meeting area possibilities: We can meet at a lot of remote places or the camp grounds but if we want to go a step up (Like EJS) we maybe able to meet at the Spanish arena on the north side of town. The question is, do we want our sponcers to show us there goods, have drawings for prizes, contests? or anything like that at our event?
    I talked to Carl the owner and he said that they rent the building out or maybe the parking lot and might be able to work us a deal. The problem is insurance. We would be required to have 1 mil in liability insurance to do so. Maybe it would be worth the sponcers money or we can chip in?????
    I know the first thing everyone is going to say is "What, why would we need anything like that!" but if we want this thing to hit the pages of off-road or other publications and really boost the site, it maybe worth it. Also, sponcers will usally donate items for prizes if they think they can sell us on there equipment. (something to think about). I know I'll chip in. I think temperary insurance is about $250.
    #2 Groups of something like 10 or more are required to pull a permit with the BLM and carry insurance also. (bummer)[​IMG] I know none of us have done this before but....
    I called them about it but didn't find out enough yet and didn't want to let them in on anything either. I was told that they can even give tickets and fines if you don't. I will find out what I can about this. I would hate to have someone shut us down over something dumb like this but out there, they ARE GOD.
    #3 If you want to reserve a room at a hotel, Moab Central reservations number is 1-800-748-4386. They can tell you what motels are already booked and who has vacancies.
    #4 As for the campgrounds, Sand Flats camp ground and all the public campgrounds are first come first serve (no reservations). Sand flats is close to town, bump dump but only has toilets (no showers etc.) it is also the biggest area in close. Bring your own shade, not much for trees out in Moab.
    Further checking of all camp grounds will be done as soon as I can get a frick'in chance.......[​IMG].
    #5 If you call the Moab info center at 1-800-635-6622 they can send you a free travel pack for all of the Moab area.
    I will find out more info for eveyone as I can and post it. Please let us know what you all think so we can figure out just how big we want this to be. I will even call sponcers if you want. Anything to help out.
    Thanks for reading this dam long post.
    Dave (hope this helps)
    PS- Don't let this bring anyone down, I WILL work it out[​IMG]

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW, never new a simple get together could feel so much like comunisium(sp?)[​IMG].......

So were are we gonna go after they kick us out of Moab???

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

13. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Heavymetal, I would suggest Slickrock instead of Archview. Slickrock is the one down by the river so it would be cooler at night where I think Archview is the one north of town by the Texaco. I always stay at Moab Rim Campground. It is small and south of town, but I really like the owners and it is always clean. The Spanish arena sounds good too, but I dont know if it is worth it. Although 1 mil in liability insurance would only be around 200 bucks for a weekend so that is not bad.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

14. CK5

I have stayed at slickrock before and it is the only campground in town with lots of trees and is pretty decent so that might be a place to consider.

Steve

15. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Guess that means "It's a Free for all"
    Camp ground sounds good to me.
    Scew the commies.........They gotta chatch us first!

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

16. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

So Slickrock it is? For the group meet thing?

87 K5, 427/340hp BBC,4.56 D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM rear disc's,

17. CK5

NO, that is not set in stone yet, I have to find a place yet, I will be in Moab next month so I can scout it out.

Steve

18. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

how about the fields down by kane creek near the entrance
    to prichet