Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in or neer Coos Bay oregon?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chaz88K5, May 21, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I am goin up to Coos Bay this friday to play in the sand dunes...anyone up neer there?..55willy...how far away are ya from there?

2. GrimWheeler

GrimWheeler Registered Member

I'll be Up in Florence, unfortunatly not with my grey truck, But with my "value" model (Ape), hehe. If you make it up to Florence, look for the Jolly Rodger flag flying.. hehe Plus I think most of the other "crew" will be on CB ch 4 or 25

Brian
    <a target="_blank" href=http://i.am/GrimWheeler>http://i.am/GrimWheeler</a>

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

not goin up that far...

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Are ya going to Winchester bay?
    I hear that it has some of the biggest sand dunes in Oregon.

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I'm not headed down there but I'm from there. I graduated from North Bend High School. My parents own an Auto Parts Store in the Empire District in Coos Bay (McInerney's Auto Part) so if ya break anything while your down there, make sure you try their store first!

6. GrimWheeler

GrimWheeler Registered Member

I do believe it is the same area. Yes very very steep stuff down there. I also like to fly my traction kite out in the strip area. Besides the resort I stay at is less than 1/4 mile from the Florence area. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Brian
    <a target="_blank" href=http://i.am/GrimWheeler>http://i.am/GrimWheeler</a>

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i am not exactly sure where it is at...all my friend told me was it was in coos bay...but i will find out more tonight and see exactly where we are goin..if anyone is neer by maybe we could meet up

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I have a pass for Sand Lake so that is where I will be this weekend.
    One of these days I want to go over and check out that area, a few guys on my shift go there all the time to ride quads.

9. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Coos Bay is at the southern end of the sand dunes and Florence is at the northern end. The dunes are much steeper up by Florence than they are in Coos Bay. There are several nice areas to say at near Coos Bay (if your camping). The Horsfall area is the most popluar with Spinreal a close second. Windchester Bay is about 20 miles north of Coos Bay. After Windchester is Reedsport and then Dunes City followed by Florence. The dunes run approx. 49 miles along the coast. There aren't too many hotel/resort areas toward the south like there are in Florence (although Florence is quite a bit smaller than Coos Bay/North Bend, it is a lot more civilized due to the tourism from Eugene &amp; Portland).

Sand Dunes are a Blast, just don't roll your truck! Make sure you have a flag or they'll get ya!

10. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I will be up there this friday around 4pm and staying till monday. there will be a few of us going to play in the sand dunes and kick back and dring some beer. we have no clue where we will be camping all i know it is the main camp ground. If you see my red lifted chevy with swampers and black rims and a winch swing by and have a beer.
    Colin

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

damn my trip up there is about to go down the tubes....one of my friends bailed because he cant aford gas up there...and he was goin to tow my friends Heep up there so we are in a mad rush to find a tow rig for the heep...towin behind my truck is out of the question...mine is just too unsafe with a trailer and a truck intow...if we can track down another truck to tow with we will be headin up [sad]

12. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Bummer
    Colin

13. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

welp talked to my friend today and looks like game on again...he is just goin to leave his heep here and ride with me...sand dunes here we come!..anyone in the area if your goin to be around send me you phone # and ill give ya a call when we get there