Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone in Salt Lake City?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Looks like there's a possibility that I will have a chance to relocate to there late this year or early next year. Just trying to find out what kind of town it is. Lots of Mormons I assume... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Is there good wheelin' out there? What's the area like, just in general, a good place to live? Boring? I'm just trying to get an idea so I can decide if this is even something that I want to persue. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'd probably be going to the southern Salt Lake City area, the place that I would be working is in a city about 15 miles south of SLC. Thanks!</font color>

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Hey, you could do weekend trips to Moab! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well, Moab is still like 250 miles from SLC, but it's alot closer than I am now! I'm just hoping that there are rocks close by, I've been building my truck with rocks in mind, so if there aren't any very close I'll have to rethink my plans.</font color>

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I lived north of SLC for 8yrs. Beautiful state!! Loved the country. You will have to get used to the people tho. I still go back about every 2 years. Mom and Sis still live there.

5. Sandman

I live about 160 miles north of SLC. in fact, I'm going there this weekend.

6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How Far are you from Ogden Utah ?? That's were boyce equipment is located . /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. Sandman

If I remember right, Ogden is like 30 miles north so maybe about 130 miles. I've been there many times. I ussualy get gas there so I dont have to stop again untill I'm South of SLC depending on what I'm driving.

8. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I live 30 mi south of SLC in Provo and ya there is some good wheeling. Little Moab is about 1 hour from SLC, Mineral Basin has some moderate rockcrawling and is also about an hour. About 3 hours away you have Moab and Delta. Delta has Sawmill, Chainsaw and a few other pretty extreme crawlling trails. Vernal is about 2.5 hrs away and they hold rockcrawling championships there. Also Cedar City and St George have some wheeling. West of SLC 45 mi there is Terra Trail and I have heard of a few trails in the Uintas which are within a couple of hours of SLC. So ya there is some wheelin other than that Mormon people can be bigots but for the most part they are nice. In SLC there is less of that though. Of course there are clubs, bars etc.

Dave Cowley

9. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I also used to live just north of Provo and just south of south SLC in American Fork and with in a reasonable distance there are a few good wheelin spots. As far as the people and or the atmospher/atitude I can have the misionary's waiting at your door to indoctrinate you. Just kiding, well kind of it's bound to happen some time. Any way I still live in Utah just farther south and I enjoy the state, how ever I am mormon so some of those things you here about Utah dont bother me. Hey for ten % you can be a Mormon Two /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

i like it here,offroading,hunting ,fishing,mountains and desert
    what else can you ask for?

11. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

. Hey for ten % you can be a Mormon Two
    good stuff ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

SLC is cool you just need to hook up with the right croud and make the best of it. Oh when towing moab is about 4 1/2 hrs not to bad.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, thanks to everyone for the replies! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks like there's wheeling to be done out there, now I just need to worry about the damn lift laws. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif </font color>