Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANyone in south texas go near acuna mexico for parts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LKJR, Mar 5, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I"m plannin on being down in that area for spring break and was wondering if anyone has ever bought parts like, axles, fuel tanks, etc in mexico and brought them back?

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

not me, but i've heard a few stories about people taking their vehicles down there and getting them parted out for them. But nothing to bring home....

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Why is it when I post something off the wall like this, then no response for some time, then 1 reply, it's always bryan, lol, least your still alive. Just hoping to find me a d60 for $50 or something crazy

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey Les when I was in Mexico I saw a Ford Tempo for $20 along side the road (on further inspection it was missing the engine!)... maybe you can score a deal like that! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

sorry my desk isn't big enough for an oil leaking paper weight that size..wait it shouldn't leak much if the engine is missing

6. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I say try it---im not there but i am on a border town--just make sure you speak spanish or know someone that does. No offence but everytime I go down there for parts I stay in the car and have my friend do all the talking, cause once I step out and they see a redheadded blue eyed american---PRICE JUST WENT UP/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

BUT

usually they dont know what they have i.e. Dana 60 so they usually would let it go for about $200

and if you do find the dana 60 junkyard pick me up a couple/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

yeah, i haven't been parts shopping there, but i have been extra drunk there!!!!!!!

be careful in those border towns in spring break. you know the horror stories, i suppose all of us that went to school in border states do....

party on!

greg ( think i'll be in colorado, my wife is a schoolteacher, so i get to have spring break still!! )

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

aint it grand? naw bud, I dont mean to jump in all your posts, but you're just too easy a target. I'm on here in spurts lately. Dont have a lot of tech to do that I can afford, so I'm just chillin. Would like to find out about my tranny though.