Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone install a Lokar throttle cable

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Dec 16, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone installed a Lokar throttle cable to thier stock pedal? I don't think they make one that is especially for the pedal with the hole in it like ours have. What did you do to hold the cable into the pedal? I am going to buy one but want to make sure it will install. I kind of like their pedals too but dont have the money right now so i dont want to ruin the cable for other uses.

2. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

i installed the lokar throttle cable. for the pedal i welded a flat section of steeel in the center of pedal arm where the old part was. i drilled a hole , then attached the clevis? and pin from the new cable to that. also iirc seems like when i finished do that i noticed the cable end in clevis had same size end factory had? take a look maybe you can pull cable out of housing and remove clevis? so end is just like stock no cutting.