Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone install braided engine hose kit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JST12, Feb 23, 2001.

1. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

Ok, this stuff is hard to work with. Does anyone have any tips on installing the braided stainless hose covering? I cut it with tape on the end to prevent unravelling, but how do you get it over long lengths of rubber hose without messing up the braiding. I did a fuel line and it looks like crap. I'm sure it get's easier with practice, but if anyone has a secret...
    Thanks, JT

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Good luck...I bought a kit and tried to put it on. It looks like I had my eyes closed doing it. I'm sure it gets easie,r but I sure had problems mostly do the braiding getting messed up when I slide it down over the hose....so you're not the only one!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've done it and found (on the 3rd attempt) that if you don't cut it first, you can stretch it over the hose, and only lose 2 or 3 inches in fouled up braiding. Then tape at the ends of the hose with electrical tape (Scotch 33 works best), and cut at the hose ends.

[​IMG]

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

if you use soapy water that will help you slid the braids over the hose. Wait till you get to the radiator hose its a bitch.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]