Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone installed the 205 ebrake from High Angle?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txbartman, Feb 4, 2003.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I just ordered mine today and was curious if anyone (besides you, Jess) has installed one of these on their rig and wanted to offer any suggestions or things to watch out for.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have one on my 71 (but still haven't got the cable hooked up /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ). The thing you need to watch out for the most is the caliper clearance if you don't have a body lift. The spacing on the bolt pattern for the tailshaft housing on the 205 is not symetrical (the spacing between any 2 of the bolts is not the same /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif). You will need to figure out where you want it before you order it. The only other thing is you have to figure out how to ruite the cable...on mine I'll be able to use the stock cable I just have to find a way of restraining the end of the cable sleeve.

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. Got any pics? I have a 3" BL, so clearance shouldn't be a problem. Jesse also said they have added numerous holes to the mounting system so that you can clock it however you want now. I know you said you haven't hooked up the cable, but have you tried it out yet?

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Thnks for the pics! Nice shots. You got it cozy in there, don't ya?!? Is that one of Jesse's drive shaft, too?

6. Greg72

Yep....that whole thing is Jesse's...from the 205 output, to the 1410 Yoke on the 14 Bolt.

Nice stuff.

7. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

how long is your shaft? I was thinking about a CV but I dont think I need one with 6" of lift. I would rather spend my $ on bigger joints and yokes.

8. Greg72

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    how long is your shaft?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez......kind of a personal question don't you think? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I can't recall the measurement I gave to Jesse, but I'm running a 4" lift and the rear axle is moved back 2" from stock. I wanted the CV-Style to avoid highway vibrations, so I didn't really consider any other options. I like being able to point the pinion straight at the t-case output too.

9. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the e-brake setup (complete) without driveline cost you? It's kinda hart to tell on the web site....

Also, I am asuming you can run any style flange type shaft. (not designed speifically for Hi angle shafts)

Thanks

10. Greg72

I believe the e-Brake was a $300 option....

Honestly, I try to NOT think about how much I've spent anymore..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

11. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

The new design is clock-able - for more options and clearance problems in mind- Jess

12. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

is there a special reason why the rotor is vented /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    it seems stuff, (mud, little rocks) could get jammed in there, maybe /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

13. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

Its actually there to get rid of those things- not get all jammed up it gets spit out - Jess

14. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Jess, how do people usually hook up the cable on the ebrake? I received my shaft and e-brake today but the instructions are nonexistant on how to hook up the ebrake. I assume that this is a case-by-case thing so there's no way to make a universal style system?

I have some ideas on how to hook it up, but it seems that I'm going to have to weld an additional bracket to the ebrake mount so I can make a cable stop for the ebrake cable. The only other way I see to do it would be to make a cable stop that bolts to the transfer case, and I'm not sure that the whole deal would line up well enough to go that route. I assume that some people are running the cable stop from the original place on the frame, but the problem that I see with that is that as the transfer case moves around with engine torque it's going to affect the e-brake actuation. It would also interfere with my exhaust. Maybe the t-case doesn't move enough to cause a problem, but going that route just seems hokey to me.

Anyways, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the ebrake fully installed with the cable, would you?</font color>

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Does anybody actually have this e-brake kit hooked up?! </font color>

17. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I should receive mine anyday and need to have it hooked up by mid next week. I will send post some pics once I do.

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have a plan on how to hook it up, I was just interested in how others have done it. It just seems odd that people are running this kit but nobody seems to have actually hooked up the ebrake... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif What's the point in buying it if you're not going to use it? </font color>

19. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I bought it, installed it (but ran out of time before Blazer-Fest) drove it like twice and broke the tranny...now that the 205 is sitting under the rear end of the truck and the tranny in the backyard it won't be hooked up any time soon. I also have to fix my steering coulmn (it has about 2" of play right now)......it just goes on and on...too much to do to little time.

We need a cry baby smiley face! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

shaggy,that is the same question i ask myself about the cadillac caliper rear brake setup.a lot of people have them but have yet to see one hooked up that functions.