Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone interested in a Nocona run later this month?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by txbartman, Jun 3, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Wanted to go check out the Wheelin' Ranch sometime this month up in Nocona. Probably just a Saturday of wheeling. Anyone interested? Thinking of any weekend other than this weekend.

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Where is it located? How far from Austin?

I was thinking a new place to check out would be nice. Don'te get me wrong, I love the slab, but a little variety would be cool.

Do they have a web site?

Thomas.

3. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

i agree, after this weekend i think i hit every rock out their at the slab, and thanks to patrick and franlentaco, i definently know what rocks i can climb and which ones i can only look at /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

It may be quite a haul for you guys from mid state and south. It is about 70 miles north of the DFW metro area, just east of Wichita Falls, damn near on the OK border.

Just talked with the owner today. He has an "extreme" jeep and the trails are more extreme than mild (60/40 estimate split). There are about 485 acres right now. There is a hotel in town and a camping area about 3 miles away. The cost is $32.50 a day for basically "guided" wheeling. If I get enough rigs together, he may cut us a deal. He restricts it to 20 vehicles on the property at any one time.

If that is too much, maybe we could meet out at Gilmer towards the end of the month. Thoughts gents?

5. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Im thinking of making a gilmer trip the last weekend of the month, but if ya'll decide to go to nocona that weekend i'll go with ya.
    Have a good time in arkansas and beware of funny looking guys with banjos/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I might be in for a run then, just depends on work and if Sunray is finished w/ the K5 then. See you guys Thurs. There are funny looking guys w/ banjos down the road from me, you don't have to travel very far to find them.

7. johnnysjimmy

johnnysjimmy Registered Member

That sounds like a cool run since I live in the FALLS! If I get my gears in time I would to try them out in a new place. What kind of trails are there? I would also be interested in going to watch and meet all the guys so if my stuff isn't togather maybe one of you would feel sorry for me and let me ride in the back!!!!!

8. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested in going for a saturday, on the 22nd

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Did we ever make a decision on this? Lookin like I will be able to go somewhere the end of the month. Must try out new parts. What do you guys think? How about Sat. the 29th? You S. Texas guys need to pull some all nighters to fix your junk and bring it up here so we can have a Lonestar K5 run. 6 hrs. of driving isn't that bad...

10. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

How far is Nacona from Wichita Falls? What kind of wheeling do they have? trails...rock...mud? I'm interested just wandering what the terrain is so I will know what I need to bring Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

nocona is really close to witchita falls, i might be moving then, anyone wanna help? LOL

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

My truck just puked up its second tranny but I'm working on getting it fixed. I'd say I'm game for the last weekend this month. Hey Micheal, wanna be my spotter???

13. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif <font color="red">Sure!</font color>