Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone interested in an '85 K2500 Sub...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Feb 2, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone interested in an \'85 K2500 Sub...

...for a good hunting or play truck?

I just got one this past weekend to help a friend of mine whom needed some money after he just found out he is a father to a 9 month old boy. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Yep, the gal he banged was a one night stand and she went thru the pregnancy thinking it was a different guys kid. After she had the kid, she did the blood work with the assumed father and the test came back negative. So that left only my friend and needless to say, he was in a state of shock when she showed up at his door.
    Yes, the kid looks exactly like my friend, too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyways, back to the Sub.

Its an '85 GMC K2500 Sub with a 4" Superlift softride lift and a 3" body lift all riding on brand spanking new 35 x 12.5 x 16.5 on 16.5 x 9.75 aluminum directionals.
    Motor is a good, strong running 350 backed with a 400 turbo and 208 t-case. None are leaking.
    Axles are the 10 and 14 bolts with the rear being the semi-floater. Both are geared at 4.10 ratio.

Now with everything running fine and dandy, the only "problem" with the truck is the body. The exterior of the body is a basket case. Its a white truck with rust everywhere on it. This is the reason I'm saying this would be a perfect play truck or off roader. The fenders are perfect candidates for cutting as you won't have to worry about the aesthetics here.

I will get some pics up later if anyone is interested. This truck is no means in the "eye candy" category as it is more an "eye sore" ranking. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But it runs like a top. Starts right up on the cold mornings with one hit on the foot feed and keeps idling. Plenty of power on tap, too. Tranny shifts nice, smooth and crisp.

Asking price is $3000. I don't plan to keep this truck as I was just helping a friend out who needed the cash. If I don't get any interests in it, I may part it out and sell the truck back out as a stocker with no lift and smaller tires for around $2000. The new tires are worth over $700 alone, so the lift, shocks, etc. adds up.

So, any takers out there? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. AK-5GUY

AK-5GUY Registered Member

Re: Anyone interested in an \'85 K2500 Sub...

Ill take the axles if you dont sell it. lol

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Anyone interested in an \'85 K2500 Sub...

I will keep you in mind if I can't get this out of here. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif