Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone interested in getting your FFL, please read...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhoenixZorn, Oct 24, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Yesterday, while perusing google for some books on the proper procedure for applying for your FFL, I stumbled upon a website that offered all the information I needed... or so I thought. After purchasing membership to the site and checking out most of the links on the page, I realized these guys had just collected a bunch of links from google searches, the ATF website, and State websites... all totally free information. I have asked for a refund because their site sells nothing but information that can be found for free, and I have been told I will not be getting a refund because of Piracy Laws... I have visited the "members only" site, and therefore they don't have to refund me anything because I might have collected all of their precious (free) information and might distribute it thus causing a Piracy Violation... The problem with that attitude, is that now I'm probably GOING to go to the site, take all the information presented there, and create a better, more informative, and easier to navigate website... Had the guy just refunded my money, I likely wouldn't even be posting this message here, and I never woud have thought about distributing his crappy information. Of course, since it's all freely available information, I won't be violating any copyright law or piracy law, so the guy can stuff it up his rectal cavity...

So with that said, if you have any interest in getting your FFL and happen upon www.fflkit.com, don't pay for the membership, since it will all be info you can get from a simple google search if you use the right terms. They claim to be FFL Holders, as if that makes them or their info better than the next guy, but their site is absolute garbage. Again, that's www.fflkit.com... Don't go there...

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I don't think anyone should get one until AFTER the BATFE reform passes the senate . The BATFE is downright scary and evil , even to upstanding members of the shooting community .

oh , and BTW , I just noticed your avatar is a canine "eye" LOL

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's much "holier" than that...:D

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Did you get the personal firearms collection software that comes with the kit "free" yet?

5. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

start a chain email listing some of this information and address it to gun lovers and that will put them out of buisness.

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

You really don't have much of a case IMHO for getting your money back. There's a lot of people that sell free information. Go on EBay sometime, there's plenty of auctions for information on how to get certain electronic items cheap, among other things.