Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone interested in some harder trails? Maybe run Montrose after BB02?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Stephen, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm thinking we could run a couple of the harder runs in Moab one day, maybe a "regular" hard one for a warm up one day?
    Rusty nail and the Helldorados are what I had in mind. I know one guy that's been through upper and I'd like to try it sometime. Body damage pretty much guaranteed on that one. Lower HD isn't too bad.

Then the good stuff: head to Montrose monday and run there at least one day. I don't know how many people are looking at that much time off and are set up to do this kind of run but it would be fun. A group of 5 or 10 would be about right. Maybe Die Tryin? There's a couple easier runs there too but even the easier trails are pretty nasty.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I might be up for a post-blazer bash run Stephen... I have time off its school break for me, but I dunno if my gf will have the time (shes going with me to BB). At any rate, if I can manage it, that'd be awesome to go on a run with ya. I am trying to get my rig into hardcore trail condition b4 the big trip. If all goes well, I'll be full 1 ton, welded rear, detroit up front, 39.5 TSLs, and 1410-equiped CV shafts from HAD. Lot to get done before BB, but if I can manage it and get a cage installed by then, I'll be with ya on the hardcore trails. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... sounds like fun! I will be staying thru MOnday (I think), so I might be interested... have any pictures of these trails?

-Dan

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    My rig isnt ready for that type of stuff but I live 45 minutes away and if a passenger seat is open I would love to ride shotgun. If I dont have to work. Hmm a sick day could be arranged.

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about Montrose. We had a few people from the club I belonged to in the Black Hills go out there. They had very well set up j@@ps and bunco's. Many parts were broken and lots of carnage. I myself am alot better set up now. I'll find out about my motor when I pull it this weekend, but looks like it might have a cracked block. If it does then I'll most likely build a 383 for it next week then install the new Holley Pro-Jection 2D system!! I can't wait, no more fouling plugs on angles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that all works good and I don't break anything that can't be fixed during Blazer Bash then I'm in for Montrose.

David
    75K5 ; lincoln 14FF, 8lug True Trac D44, 38 TSL's, 327-TH350-203, 4.10 gears, RE8000, etc., etc., etc.

6. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

if I can make the run at all, & if I can get that much time off, I'm in.

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Let me think about it, Uh yes absolutely. Did you get to do Rusty Nail at Easter before you left Stephen? If you want to do Montrose on Monday I am for sure in, if it is later I will have to look at time off work factor.

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

What about that trail called "the pickle"? I'm not sure about where it is but Stephen don't you have some connections that might divulge the location for a chosen few?
    juan

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Put me down for Rusty Nail and I've done Lower Helldorado ( crushed rocker and dented pass door) and I would do it again.

10. jekbrown

awesome... just found out that my gf has 3 days off after we were 'sposed to get back from BB'02.... which means that if I haven't broke my rig during BB, I can run with ya on some hardcore stuff SW. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

11. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I MAY END UP RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

12. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Don't know if the 79 is capable of those trails....but i do live here now and if i can fudge a day at work...

Azblazer

13. jekbrown

yikes, less than 3 months to go and it looks like its gonna be tight... time AND money wise... just gotta hope against hope I guess. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Still shooting for 1-ton + 39.5s + full cage. Hopefully I'll make it!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

14. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I have never heard of Montrose but would be interested in Rusty Nail or Lower Helldorado. As for Upper Hell I would rather walk then see my rig in there. I'm sure I will enjoy watching the few brave souls though. In fact I will watch Proving Ground or the Pickle as well if anyone would like to entertain me!

Dave

--88 Jimmy Custom Lined black with a few souvenirs from Moab (And I do mean that in the nicest way) Engine, Trans, Door and rocker all ruined at EJS.--

15. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

I'm up for anything difficult. I have the entire week following Blazer Bash off so I'm game for wheeling anything all week long! Now I just have to get my truck finished...

Ryan

16. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm absolutely interested in the tougher trails. I saw some of the trails being discussed and I was honestly reconsidering going. I want to see some of those "oh my god" trails Moab is famous for...

17. jekbrown

...got the detroit for my front D60 today.... ooooo yeah! Gonna be sweet to try some nasty stuff after BB... assuming I survive BB of course! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

18. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

19. Stephen

If you're looking for really nasty, Moab can be disappointing. There are hard spots here and there, and while trails like Pritchett and the spike, Lower Helldorado, etc are nothing to sneeze at, they aren't the nonstop hard obstacles one after the other that other destinations offer. Now Upper Helldorado looks pretty intimidating at the top and I know Rusty Nail is pretty rough in a couple spots too. So we might have to run out to those. I know parts of proving grounds are drivable with a full size too. We'll see what happens. I've always gone to moab for the fun wheeling, not because it's super hard. It's always fun driving slickrock, it's like a big playground!

20. Stephen

I don't see why we can't run Montrose at least monday.
    time to work now...