Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone into cigars?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TX Mudder, Aug 4, 2004.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 50 count humidor from Sam's Club and an digital hygrometer from Radio Shack. I'm at 70% RH with propylene glycol and ready to buy some cigars.
    What do you guys smoke? I bought a Macanudo torp and liked it, but $5 for singles is a little hearty for my wallet.

I'm more looking for ~$60 per bundle of 25 stuff.

2. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Not really into cigars, but I love to smoke good Cubans... Just got back from Mexico with some Partagas, Romeo y Julietas, and some Cohibas. I guess I am spoiled. Only time i smoke them, is when I go down there. Can't pass up the opportunity /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

one word. jrcigars.com

weekly specials rock!!!

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

ever try any Fuente's i love em' /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif their not to bad as far as price goes and i personaly think they are the best smoke for the money. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

One of the best buys for the $ is the Puros Indios. 2.75 for he med. ones. They are a great smoke.

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I pretty much only smoke Monte Cristo's. Bad thing is that you cnat get them here unless you know someone. Great cigars!!

Nick

7. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Partagas or Macanudos,,,and a glass of Johnny Walker Blue Label. Now your talkin',,,, /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yes. I have a 50 ct humidor and a 40 qt. cooler for my 'gars. Try a few out without buying a box. Go to the newbie sampler thread at http://forums.cigarweekly.com/ and get hooked with a FOG that has a lot of aged stock, he'll give you a lot of stuff for your money and you'll have a lot to try. I've done 2 newbie sampler trades, and the price per stick came out to around $2, but it's super premium stuff...If you like CK5, you'll fit in well over there, since it's all like a family. Look me up. I'm LakeTex over there too.

I've been smoking 1 to 3 domestics (Nic or Dominican) a week for the past couple years, and just delving into the "darkside". Had a Punch punch last night. CW also has trusted vendors for the imported stuff. Look around the site, and you'll get another forum to take up your time! haha...enjoy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Try this post for a good deal:

http://forums.cigarweekly.com/viewtopic.php?t=77768

Yes, they have a trading post too complete with trader feedback. As a newbie, you'll be expected to send your end first though.

And one more site. Try www.cigarbid.com . It's like ebay, just for cigars and accessories. Consult CW before you buy anything big though so you'll know what you're getting. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I pretty much only smoke Monte Cristo's. Bad thing is that you cnat get them here unless you know someone. Great cigars!!

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly true...PM me if you want info.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    one word. jrcigars.com

weekly specials rock!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The midnight madness sale is usually good. Just be ready to pull the trigger on what you want cause they usually get sold out in about 10 min. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I don't like to order cigars on the internet. Not that the price aint good either. I just like to feel the cigar before I buy it. I am checking for lumpy spots that make for a hard draw. My favorites are Partagas, Padron Aniversarios and Hoyo de Monterrey. I bought some Cuban tabbaco rolled in Honduras or Nicaragua. They were 10.00 a piece but, man they were good. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The sweetest smokes are my bosses cohiba's when "they are to dry for you boss"!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

ARGH, you're a feeler.......

yeah, stick to the stores, dude.

BTW my favorite domestic is the La Gloria Cubana Serie R #4 Maduro....beware this is a full body smoke with a lot of flavor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

It's about time someone mentioned the best smoke in the world - LA GLORIA CUBANA !!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif I've been smoking them for several years. Hand rolled on the thigh's of virgins! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Also - check out Thompson Cigar . I get their catalogs and they have specials running all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif