Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know about first gen Probes??

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Capman2k, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm really truly seriously thinking about selling my Explorer for whatever I can get for it and buying a cheap economical car... I'm spending a whole lot of money that I usually don't have on gas, and so far I have $0 saved for college, leaving me with 8 months to save the $1500 I want to have for spending money my first year, so I don't have to work... plus books and other stuff that loans don't typically cover.

SO I was looking through the local auto-rag today and went and looked at some cars with my dad (he ended up buying himself an 88 Chrysler New Yorker, ghetto pimp car). At one of the lots we went to, the lady tried to sell the poor guy a Kia, but I couldn't hold it in anymore when she asked for my opinion and I said the car is garbage and I couldn't allow my father to waste $1500 on it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Should've seen the look on her face /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ANYWAY... The same lot has an 89 Probe for $1199. It looks good enough, I should've asked to start it. Interior looks good, it's dark grey with dark tinted windows, and I didn't see any body issues... My friend had an 89 that he beat the crap out of till it died and said he'd get another one, and I liked his car too, and got pretty good gas mileage with the 4 cyl engine...

But anyway, does anyone here know anything about Probes? I'm thinking I'll go by the lot tomorrow and see if I can drive it, and go from there... I want to know any like issues or whatever that anyone knows of... or maybe a website where I can ask the question??

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Nevermind... I drove the Probe and it's a pretty sweet car... But I got a lead on an 88 Subaru RX, 5spd, full time dual range 4wd, LSD, turbo 4 cyl, being sold for $1200 by what I hear is a cute single 18 year old girl from Denver /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm calling her Sunday to set up a date to meet in Ft. Collins so I can drive that mofo car... pic: http://usmb.net/gallery/albup06/Subaru_RX_4?full=1 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

cappy...buy a quality vehicle...ya know, a chevrolet, fullsize pickup...a brown 1986 with brand new cherry bomb turbo2 mufflers, a 350 and a 4 speed.. hows about it? eh? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You should know me by now... I've found a cool car, nothing will change my mind to reason with me, I'll sell said car about 6-8 months down the road and buy another truck, maybe a chevy, maybe a ford, maybe a dodge, maybe a Jeep... but if things keep going the way they usually do excluding my Explorer, I'll be in another truck sooner or later /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I actually looked at an 88 Jimmy, full size yesterday... Started right up and sounded real nice... interior was nice, but it needed a paint job... The guy talked to me about financing, and if I could afford $250 a month payments and save money for college, I'd be all over that mofo /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

$250 a month??? For how long? Hope its not more than a year.

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

No kidding! I pay $198/month for my 92 Yukon 2-door. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It was for 12 months, truck was $3500, $1000 down, 14% interest, and I think $49 lot fee...