Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know about Ginuine suspension?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RustBuket, Feb 21, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I've seen a few adds in 4WOR and was just wondering if they are good company to buy from. They don't seem like that big of a buisness just wondering if they make good product cause they make a 12" lift for chevy's! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I think that is 4WPW brand, and I've heard that it is Superlift (maybe Skyjacker??) with cheap shocks. What on earth would ya want 12" lift for? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif My 8" is overkill and I've got 44's.

3. Smurfmobile85

Smurfmobile85 1/2 ton status

Genuine suspension is pro-comp springs with the lifts thru 6 inches and super lift on up.They are just the basics no steering correction no brake lines and all block out back.
    They come with eliminator shocks which are junk.A pro-comp 6 inch kit with blocks would come with a 3 1/2 inch block and a add-a-leaf to get you the 6 inches but genuine would only come with a 5 1/2 inch block.Less block less axle wrap.
    It is a good kit price if you can talk 4wpw into upgrading the shocks for ES3000 for the cost difference between the eliminators and 3000s. You will also need a GM400 steering arm.You will need extended brake lines if you go with 6 or more inches but can get away with just the drop brackets with the 4 inch kit until you get rid of the sway bar,open packs up etc.I am running a 4 inch pro-comp kit on my 85 burb and I am happy with the ride after getting rid of the sway bar.Hope i was of some help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif