Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know anything about guns!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jun 15, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My DAD has a long barrel luger and a 1911 army .45 , any ideas on what these are worth?

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I would hit up the gun swap meats if they have them in your area still...mike

3. zcubed

zcubed Registered Member

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The Colt model 1911 U.S. Army ACP. Depending on condition and type( commerative, Officers model, nickel plated, ect) sells for from around $500.oo up to over $2,000.oo for a fully restored one.
    If yours was marked 1911 for US Navy you could be $5000 or more richer.
    These guns are becoming more valueable as time goes by and models in good condition are sought after by collectors willing to pay top dollor for them.

I dont know as much about Lugers There were many different kinds and copy cats. Different years of manufacture and models fetch different prices.
    Prices range from the 300 range for some of the copy cats. To many thousands for the German made weapons Some of these are highly valued by collectors.

It would be best to get these guns apprased by a reputable gun shop or broker so you can get a idea of the true value on your guns.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks Bro , truly appriciated. my Dad will be very happy! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif