Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know anything about satilite dish internet service ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've heard about internet service via a small satilite dish ya mount on your house. I'm consittering buying a house way out in the sticks, but really don't want to have to go back to a dial up service. No cable that far out. Will use satilite TV.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just posted this..<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=non4x4&amp;Number=389800&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1#Post389821>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=non4x4&amp;Number=389800&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1#Post389821</a>

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's way high priced, Do you think the price will come down in a few years

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

It is way too much but if you live out in the country it could still be worth it. Last time I checked though the satelite was only for download, you still needed dial out (provided) for uploading.

5. tv_larsen

tv_larsen Registered Member

Satelite now works for download and upload. It's overpriced, but it is speedy. It has a very high latency, so its usless for online gaming.