Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know anything about scanners?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by POWERMAD, Jun 1, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I just got a hand held Radio Shack PRO-51 hyper scan.
    200 channel.
    I may have to go and see if I can get a manual, I have no idea how to work it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    If I hit scan it seems to be going through all the frequencies and channels but isn't stopping on anything.
    If I goof with it I can get it to manualy go through the entire band and I can pick up bits here and there, mainly am radio and phone calls. The phone sex one I picked up was some funny stuff.
    How do I get it to pick up on the police frequency?
    It has air,fire,marine and a weather band. I got those figured out.
    Do I have to know the particular frequency to get it? or should it pick it up on scan?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I just got a hand held Radio Shack PRO-51 hyper scan.
    200 channel.
    I may have to go and see if I can get a manual, I have no idea how to work it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    If I hit scan it seems to be going through all the frequencies and channels but isn't stopping on anything.
    If I goof with it I can get it to manualy go through the entire band and I can pick up bits here and there, mainly am radio and phone calls. The phone sex one I picked up was some funny stuff.
    How do I get it to pick up on the police frequency?
    It has air,fire,marine and a weather band. I got those figured out.
    Do I have to know the particular frequency to get it? or should it pick it up on scan?

[/ QUOTE ] Can't you take it to your local Radio Shack and have them show you how to program it ??

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Thanx Pauly. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I just gotta wait till saturday so I can check em out at work. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    The only site at home I can get on the web is CK5.
    So if I understand how this thing works correctly it has 200 channels that can pick up tranmissions that are being broadcast between 000.000 and 999.999 mhz. Right?
    And to pick up on the police and others I have to know what channel and frequency they are being transmitted at.
    Picking up on phone conversations was pretty wild, the things people say when they think no one else is listening. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. pauly383

There are sites with scaner freq's for police/fire. I'll dig some up for ya. Many of my local police are just above the amatuer 2 meter band, and my Alinco and kenwood HT's pick those up. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. pauly383

Here you go , if you want more just type Scanner frequencies into "Google"... when you get back to your computer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Scanner Freq's by state

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanx again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif