Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know anything about Suburus? I just bought one

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by POWERMAD, Jan 8, 2003.

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Mar 4, 2001
    I have worked on a few and they are fairly easy to work on.
    Other than that I don't know alot about them.
    It's an 85 sedan, 4x4, 1.8 4 cylinder turbo with 102,349 miles on it.
    I haven't realy drove it yet, I have to replace the fuel tank and get it legal.
    Everything seems to work except for the air bags or whatever they are that raises the body when you shift into 4x4. has 4lo and high, kinda neat I think.
    I even have leg room in it, although it is kinda weird driving it with my a$s 4" off the pavement.
    He said it is pretty quick and gets about 30MPG.
    I figure for $200 and installing a timing belt in his Caravan it was worth getting.
    All it realy needs is sanded and a couple of coats of paint and it would look new. The interior is in good shape, just neeeds a good cleaning. Been sitting for 3 years.
    It was my buddys brothers car. He went into the Marines 3 years ago and he told his dad to sell it if it is in the way.
    It aint a Chevy but I need something that don't take 45 gallons of gas to get to work. And it is cooler than a GEO LOL
    I think I wll get a small CK5 sticker for the back window. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Feb 24, 2000
    They run forever...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Aug 28, 2000
    I thought about getting one. I could have bought a rusty one with 50k miles on it for $200. I thought about buying it, hacking the fenders off, and dropping a big set of mud tires under it and wheeling the hell out of it. Something to bet up and throw out when I'm done. Good cars, though. They last forever.
  4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

Jan 29, 2001
    they're pretty good cars, know 2 people who've had em and ran them till the body was dead, both motors still going.....

my girlfriend has one, blew a cv boot a year ago, kind of a pain to fix, so her mechanic told her to not worry about it till the cv itself started going, it had a lot of miles on it already, so she left it alone...

that darned cv is still going, no grease for a year, and its fine, doesnt click or knock at all..she knows she has to get it fixed, just waiting as long as possible so she can save up the money...

had that been my car the cv would have locked up the day the boot started leaking