Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know how to estimate how much yards of dirt I need ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Sep 4, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I need to order dirt today and have no idea how much /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif i need to fill 2 sections:
    40 ft long by 5 foot wide, angled on the 5 foot side from 1 inch deep to 10 inches deep..

also:
    another 40 foot strip, 8 foot wide going from 1 inch to 18 inches deep

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i dunno if thats 1 yard or 6.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

THIS PAGE has a calculator to help figure it out

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

as far as figuring your depth, just try and take an average. if you have 1-10" variance, just average it all at 5". unless of course most of it is at 10 and only a little at 1" then maybe ave. at 7" takes a little guesstamating, but, its just dirt, to you can grade it all out. sounds like you have nice, uh, relaxing, weekend ahead of you. LOL! hope you have some nice young friends and family to help out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ya right, when your 30 with 4 kids you dont easily make friends /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

LOL! i hear that. we have 3 kids and most people think we are crazy- which is mostly true. the only ones that get the madness are the ones who also have kids. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif