Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know how to submit a formal complaint against the CHP

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, May 20, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I've been tring to reach the local CHP office to get some paper work done. DMV refers it's "customers" to the CHP, so i don't have a choice. Been tring to get an appointment with the inspector and is dening any calls or stoped making any appointments. I don't even know if he is there anymore.

I've been tracking him down and had someone from another CHP office called and ask for him(i kinda tricked them into helping me). The officer at the local office stated that he is taking in appointments and new cases. WTF, it's not what i've been told, he's not even taking calls. Matter a fact, i was told that he had called in sick, and that same day is when the other CHP office called them.

BTW: I've been asking around and it seems that I'm not the only one. I understand that he may be busy but it's been almost 2 months and have not reached the officer.

ARQ.

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

make sure you have all of the info, ie: names of people you talked to, times, etc.

There are two routes to take. One route is to find out the rank (Sgt, Lt. Capt, Major.....) of the CHP officer you are attempting to talk to. Use the chain of command and go up one step with you grievence, make sure you ask for the grievence process, not complaint department, us law enforcement types don't listen to complaints but we are leary of grievences. Ask for an informal resolution. If that doesn't work......

Next step is to call the California Bureau of Investigation internal affairs dept and take your grievence there and ask for an informal resolution, if that fails file a formal grievence..

John

3. chevyracing

and document, document, document, times, names, numbers, places, everything.. If it is not documented, it did not happen.

John

4. chevyracing

any results yet???