Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know if I can get out of a court summons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sickquad, Nov 1, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

So a couple of my old friends are in a lot of trouble. Long story short they got busted by the DEA for selling drugs. These are my old friends and I have never touched any of the sutff. Just people I grew up with. Until recently I hung out with the. So I got a summons as a witness. I don't want to have anything to do with these people. I really do not know anything about there drug business except for seeing massive bags of pills and coke from time to time.

The problem is that these guys are connected with the chinese mafia people from Boston. Yes there is a chinese mafia. Really, Really bad people. I don't want to say anything. Not that I really know anything.

A few months ago I was pulled over for having a blinker out. Well once of the kids who just got arrested was with me and started wising off to the cop for no reason at all and it turned out he had a warrant at that time. So that is how my name got involved with these people I think.

OK now the biggest problem. I am an engineer at a good company that does government work. I have security clearance. I know that they are really strict about having your name brought up with anything legal. You couldn't get my job if have bad credit, that is how serious they are. I can't lose my job.

So, do I have to go? I went to the police station that they got arrested in. I barely mentioned the case to the cop and he told me "Just show up" and slammed the glass shut and walked away.

I know there are some police officers on this board. Any adivce?

I am in on way connected with these people and have never used drugs except for pot in college. I go to church on Sunday and eat dinner with my parents, I'm not a bad person just have some old friends that are bad. I have no record, not even a juvenile offense.

I'm definitely nervous about my job.

-Chris

2. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

If I were you I would contact an attorney and get advice. It may cost you a few dollars but may help you with your best plan of action! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Best of luck!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

missing it will cause you to get charged with contempt of court(don't ask) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, you could leave the area and not let anyone know where you are, that would work.

You could die, that would work.

Other than that, you are out of options.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Talk to the Prosecuter, and tell him your concerns. I believe your job is safe, seeing how your not the one being tried....your just a 'witness', and thats not a crime. I don't recommend 'not going', then your job would be in jeopardy for sure-that is a crime and you'd likely have a warrant yourself.

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really do not know anything about there drug business except for seeing massive bags of pills and coke from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta be there. Express your concerns with the District Attorney, May or may not be able to help you.

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Are you being summoned by the Prosecutor or the defendant? There should be some contact information included. Call them and see if you can do a deposition. They may just be looking for you to give some information on a few specific things.

DON'T blow it off.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

You need an attorney.

And you need to stay away from drug dealing scumbags, dont even let them in your car or associate with them for any reason. You have a life and all they will do is screw it up.

Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif