Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know if there is a 4:1 kit coming any time soon for the 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5-newbie, Jan 3, 2006.

1. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine said he heard a rumor of this and I would like to believe it is true. Does anyone know if there is a company working on it?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

LoMax is working on 3:1... dont count on seeing 4:1 in a 205. Hell, I wouldn't count on the Lomax gears coming out! :grin:

j

3. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I've been on the JB conversions waiting list for over two years for a shot at getting a Lomax t-case. About every 10-12 months I get a little e-mail thanking me for inquiring about there product, I should tell them I bought a ORD Gen2 like a year and a half ago!!

The Lomax is not cheap and it's not all that low and I am glade I went with Offroad Design.

Jeff

4. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't mind doing the ORD doubler...but, I like the idea of not redoing driveshafts, and the extra weight of the 203 case. (If the 205 4:1 kit ever comes out)

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

you can get a 3:1 for a 203

6. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I was told by a guy at JB that 3:1 gears where the limit due to size constraints. The Lomax requires you to use there aftermarket alu. case that adds to the cost.

If the 3:1 sounds good to you give WMS a call they Have a 3:1 kit for a 203.

Jeff

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

8. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Damn, what good is it being on the "to be notified" list if they don't notify you when they release it!:confused: :confused:

Jeff

UMMMMMMMMM.....WMS 3to1 203 a ORD doubler kit and a Lomax 3to1 kit with a TH400 UMMMMMMM..........

9. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

JB's Response

From JB Last week (12/29/05):

Clay
    Some of the gears have already arrived from the gear shop (inputs and high range gears). The cases are due here in a couple of weeks. The last gear coming out of the gear shop will be the big intermediate gear. Since it is last, I would expect to see it sometime in late January. I will be building some complete units but I don’t know the cost yet. It depends on what I have to pay for a good core.
    Thanks
    John

10. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

That's the same story I've got from them for two years, I think they must have the slowest R&D dept. in the world!

I should not be too harsh on them as the products they have are top quality. I remember when the info got out from an article in 4Wheel&Offroad that JB was working on a 205 3:1 kit,I called that afternoon and talked to John and he told me that the phone had been ringing nonstop with inquiries. The long delay has made a ton of money for ORD,NWF and WMS not to mention Atlas and Klune!

I got a ORD Gen2 and I love it, ORD crew has been very helpful and patient with my dumb a$$!

Jeff

11. jekbrown

1) the range box part of the np203 isn't THAT heavy... its pretty much irrelevant compared to the thousand pounds of sheetmetal you prolly have... and its mounted low so it probably helps your COG.

2) if you're worried about changing driveshaft length, you prolly shouldn't worry about a doubler, 3:1 gears or offroading of any type. Don't need low gears to go to the mall. Not trying to talk smack or be a butthead... just saying that driveshaft resizing/replacing is gonna be common if you really wheel/build your rig for any amount of time. Either get used to the idea now, or save yourself thousands of dollars by sticking with your t-cases stock ratios.

j

12. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

Not really worried about resizing driveshafts, but like I said, a 4:1 kit would be a plus to me. I have already built driveshafts, so I am sure I could do it again.:D If I was worried about going to the mall, then, I would have left the 10 bolts in it and wouldn't have swapped in the TBI 350 with the D60, 14 bolt rear both with 5:13's and the turbo 400 with 205 case.

I drive my Powerstroke to the mall, but I wheel my K5...it is far from stock, so in case you didn't see my sig, you may want to look before you label me a mall poser.:haha:

Thank you all for your replies, but it looks like its either the staxx case or an ORD doubler for me.

13. jekbrown

ok then, get to it and get a doubler/Klune/atlas/stax. :thumb: :D

ok, but it isn't possible with a 205... even 3:1 isnt possible inside a 205 case... so a 4:1 is in the "no way in hell" catagory. Even if it was though, a doubler would still be better than a 4:1 205 cause it allows you to have 2:1... a low-geared 2wd and various other cool options.

j

14. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

this is why I made the post in the first place... a buddy of mine heard a rumor about a 4:1 kit. I now know there is no such beast...so, I will change directions and do a doubler.

15. Lomax

Lomax Registered Member

3:1 NP205 - Packaging kits next week

We are going through QC this weekend on the iron cases. The last of the gears will be here late next week. They've already left the gear shop. If any of you are still interested, give us a call next week. Thanks
    John @ JB Conversions, Inc.; www.jbconversions.com.

16. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

I have been waiting on the 3:1 kit also,what is the price going to be for these John?

Thanks

17. Lomax

Lomax Registered Member

Shipping kits now.

The 32 spline applications have been shipping out for about 2 weeks now. The 10 spline input applications for the SM465 guys will be done in about a month. Cost for the new nodular iron case and full gear set is $1400.