Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know jack about the ASME?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, the local ASME "chapter" or whatever is holding a beginning of the year picnic here in like an hour, since I'm planning on majoring in ME I'm gonna go check it out, hopefully meet more faculty and students like me. But...I don't know much about it, professional society I assume? Do they do anything besides provide a loose network for other M.E.'s? Just wondering since I really have no idea, one of my prof's encouraged me to go so we'll see what happens. Hey, at the very least it's a free meal for a poor starving college student. :haha:

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

that's about all i joined for. actually my freshman year, i went on an asme sponsored brewery tour. easy excuse to get drunk for free. we had meetings a couple times a month. if i wasn't busy i'd go for fried chicken. these are all activities for the student chapter, not professional. i am also a member of society of automotive engineers and american welding society.