Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know of a good tranny shop in fredricksburg, virginia?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigkennye, Feb 23, 2006.

1. bigkennye

bigkennye Registered Member

i have some tranny issues, and i need some help,I have a 81k5, and I think maybe it has something to do with not properly engaging/disengaging the auto lock hubs. I never drove in reverse for 10-15 feet after disengaging the 4wd, so i think i might have not been disengaged when i took it out on the highway and after about 15 miles of driving at about 50mph, when i slowed down to turn, i pulled over and noticed a trail of transmission fluid starting at the point wjere i turned off the main road after slowing down. Tranny fluid was all over the top of the motor, both sides and it comes out as fast as you can put it in, coming from between the motor and the tranny, straight to the ground.

2. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

if it is coming between the engine and tranny straight down , most likely
    your pump seal is blown.

theres a place behind the auto auction off of route 1. back in the industrial
    park area. i cannot think of the name though.
    if you want, go to pohanka nissan service and ask for robert. if he is still
    there , he can tell you the name of the place becouse i think his brother is the one who runs the tranny shop i speak of.

what ever you do , do not go to aamco, they have ripped many people off.

3. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

front seal on one of my trannys blew out leaving TN heading back to base at VA it caught my blazer on fire, burned plug wires and me when i crawled under it to put the fire out took about 3 min to get it to stop. it was a heck of a day :D

4. bigkennye

I believe that the transmission in the thing was rebuilt by aaamco, and they are famous for using silicon gasket sealer, whuich transmission fluid breaks down, so I think that it is possible that after 25k miles the tranny has clogged and as a result, built pressure up, and blew the front pump gasket, but I havent even looked at it yet. I got a great deal on the truck, it was a friend of mines project and he had to abandon it for the wife and kids, just no money or time, so I got a hold of it after it sat for 2 years in his backyard. a tree had fallen over and sent a branch through the front windshield and broke off one off the mirrors also the back glass was shattered, that still needs to be replaced, but over all it has been a good deal for me.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  5. bigkennye

btw, i checked on carfax and they list my blazer as a k10, whats the difference?