Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know of a good win2k admin book??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, Aug 7, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i'm looking for some good info on administraion of users/group policies/security/etc. i've looked at some but cover the basic backup/registry/ stuff.

ARQ.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have a gigantic one that's put out by Microsoft, called the Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit. The thing has like 1800 pages. ISBN # 1-57231-808-2. A bargain at $70.00.</font color>

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

It depends on the environment, which I'm assuming will be Active Directory?

There's a book called "Understanding Active Directory" my old boss bought me from Amazon. I can't remember the publisher, but it's the series that have the animals on the cover.
    If you're into scripting/batching at all, there's another book titled, "Scripting Windows 2000" that I once again can't remember the publisher of... That book also lays down a few Win2k/Active directory fundamentals, and is excellent if you're trying to learn batch writing or Visual Basic Scripting.

I have a couple more, but can't remember what they are. Those two are the most memorable to me for teaching principles. I'll post thier publishers when I get home tonight.

And if you can, get a hold of the resource kit as mentioned. I've never read or gone near any of the paper documentation, but the tools and utilities are friggin great for picking up some of the OS's slack!