Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know of dual exhaust kit for headers with dual hi-flo cats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bassmannh, Apr 11, 2004.

1. bassmannh

bassmannh Registered Member

I would like to put on a dual exhaust with dual cats behind headers, do any of you guys know of a good prefab kit to use with headers, so I dont have to pay for a tow to the muffler shop and pay a rediculous price to have a system fabbed up? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just drive it to a muffler shop. I don't know what state you live in but here in Cali if the truck did not come factory with dual exhaust then even if you have 2 cats it won't be legal for smog purposes.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I bought mine from Jegs for like a 100 bucks(2 1/4"). If your running cats you will have to cut an opening for them, and purchase your mufflers or whatever you want seperately. I done mine complete for like 300 bucks, which included headers, 40 series flowmasters and the exhaust kit. Hope this helped and I done all of mine in the garage with simple hand tools.

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I did my 89 for like $400....don't know of a dually "kit"...I'd just wheel it to the muffler shop with open headers.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif