Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know someone with...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a Burb now too. Something that needs a motor/tranny/transfer case... I dont really care much about how it looks I just want more metal than rust.

Anyone know someone with a burb that needs a motor/tranny that they want to get rid of?

-Ryan

Oh... and for those that ask... no, I have no idea what the hell I am doing, but I look damn good doing it.

2. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Jumping on the 'burb bandwagon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been looking for one too, great now we got some competition in the search /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

What years you looking for? Any special things you would like, 3/4 or 1/2 ton important? 9 pass or 7 pass? If I find something that I will pass on I can pass it onto you.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Buy a Truck Trader, a month ago my neighbor was considering just that and found one (mid 80's) that had a blown motor - was for sale for $2K - barn doors, Silverado, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you do go Burb - at least keep it in the family -

First Gen all the way baby! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I think DC Dave has a 1st gen Burb that needs a lot of help, but it'd be cheap. Or I do know where there is one on 76th that the guy was trying to sell last year. 79 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 400sb. Some rust in the rockers, but too bad.

6. JDBlazer454

Okay T-roy cough up the info, prices if you know? I'd be interested in the 79 if it was cheap enough, rust on rockers doesn't scare me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif May just have to take a drive on over there and look. Where abouts on 76th?

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

hey... back off! this is my thread... you want a burb, start your own /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

now now children /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. JDBlazer454

No problem I am not quite ready for a 'burb anyhow got a 70 Camaro RS to buy first /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but after that look out /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Nice. I want a Camaro too... but I know that I only get to own one 2-door at a time and whomever takes the blazer from me will have to peel my cold dead hands off the steering wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but I know that I only get to own one 2-door at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

You just need to spin it another way....your /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is not just a 2-door toy. It's an original version SUV! Highly sought after with much covetousness! Therefore not only is it a family rig, it is also a classic that must be restored to it's former glory! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

13. JDBlazer454

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    but I know that I only get to own one 2-door at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

You just need to spin it another way....your /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is not just a 2-door toy. It's an original version SUV! Highly sought after with much covetousness! Therefore not only is it a family rig, it is also a classic that must be restored to it's former glory! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen...well said /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess my husband has it really good already owning 2 fun 2 doors and getting a 3rd /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Guess my husband has it really good already owning 2 fun 2 doors and getting a 3rd

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd say so! He'll hate me for saying this, but he better never leave you...there are about 5,000 guys on this site that would love to be in his situation...An attractive wife that shares a love of the obsession! Heaven on earth I tell ya! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

5000?!?!?!?! have you SEEN Deanna? there's 10000 if there's 1... and believe you me... I know there's at least 1!

16. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

You guys really need to wipe the crap off your noses. No offence Deanna, you know you're cool in my book, but I hate to see grown men grovel, unless its for something I have. Like my Suburban...I have he best of all worlds, 2 doors, 3 doors, and 6 doors (Barn doors baby). Now I just need to make them all run.
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

And mine is better than all yalls

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

oh, here we go...Finish your front bumper and we'll talk.

19. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

mine will be prettier,LMAO!!!

20. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

A blingy mall cruiser don't count /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif