Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Know The History Of The New GM In-Line 6Cyl Engine??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dave1, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Dave1

Dave1 Registered Member

I have just begun looking for a new Chevy Trailblazer or GMC Envoy for wife after her 1999 Blazer was totaled by an idiot. I discovered they don't have the 4.3L V-6 engine any longer. The new and recent year used SUVs I have looked at all have an in-line 6 cyl engine. The brand new GM SUVs list the horsepower at 275 which seems very high for a 6 cyl engine.

Does anyone know much about this new in-line 6 cyl engine and whether there have been any problems with it? I never liked buying anything until it had been out for years and had been proven.

Thanks for any feedback.

Dave1

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

My family has a 2003 Trailblazer with about 40k on it and it has never given my family any problems at all. The engine moves the Trailblazer pretty well, just do not try to tow anything with it, the Trailblazer was running hot towing my 2200lb empty trailer.

Be sure to sit in the Trailblazer before you buy it, I really cannot get comfortable in it, the floor has too many bumps and is narrow for the front passengers. Sit in the passenger seat and you will notice what I said.