Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know were I can get parts for a headlight swap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackyl, Apr 23, 2002.

1. jackyl

jackyl Registered Member

I have tried localy to find parts for my 83 blazer to do the 89-91 headlight swap but the cheapest I can find it is $500. Does anyone know were I can get theses parts online or maybe a junkyard that ships parts?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not sure where else to get the parts other than your local wrecking yard, but you will need radiator support forward for the swap.

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if your going for the newer look ot if your intrested in better preformance out of your lights. If you want better preformance i would forgo the swap to 89-91 front end and go with e-code lamps, heavier gage wire and a relay set up. My 85 blazer has much better light out put and clarity than my 91 1500 silverado or my dads 98 k2500hd. My light pattern is full with no hot spots and has a distinct cut off so you dont blind incoming traffic. I use 55/100 watt bulbs.
    Its not exactly cheap but it is cheaper and easier than a 89-91 swap would be. It is probally the best thing i've done to my truck. The link i'm providing is where i bought my lamps, bulbs, relays and plugs from. The owner (Dan) is more than helpful and will answer all of your questions in a timely manner, ships promptly and was a pleasure to do buisness with (unlike some other mail order places). The web site has more info about headlights than you should ever need to know. hope this helps someone.
    cheers, rugger

http://lighting.mbz.org

Edited to add- I originally had bought those eagle vision lights out of JC Whitney. They sucked and the use of higher wattage bulbs fried the bulb plugs. oh well one to learn on.