Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know what these are for?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyfumes, Nov 12, 2001.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

There is a threaded hole in my hard top where a shoulder belt would go on the driver and passengers side and there are two in the back as well . Were these for shoulder belts for when the top was on, and if so where can I get some more? I have a 74 so Its a full topper and was wondering what years would fit and how they would fit going in the back for the rear bench?

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

anyone!!![​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

ive got 2 '75's and they ddint come with shoulder belts. i dont know if they were an option back then.

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I would doubt that they're for shoulder belts, there just isn't enough strength in the fiberglass to keep them from ripping out in an accident. I don't think I have any holes like that in my '73's top.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

they are covered by a plug and they arent in the fiberglass they are in the steel between the fiberglass inner and outer shells, and the only thing i could come up with was shoulder belts thinking they might have been an option......

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I know that sholder belts were an option in a 1st gen so I would assume that they were in 2nd gens as well. I have no idea where you could get any but you could try something out of a bug or something simmilar might work.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

that must be it then , I mean if they were an option then there must be someone with the original belts, come on people where are they at!!!!!! thanks Triaged[​IMG]

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

My '75 has those holes too, but I don't think I'd want to have shoulder belts connected there. If the top got knocked loose in a rollover, the the belt could end up really messing you up. I'm thinking about attaching some shoulder belts to the roll bar in mine. I'm adding a Smittybuilt full cage kit, so it should be pretty strong.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

thats what I thought and your right but you have to remember this was 1974 ya know. I too plan on gettin shoulder belts that attatch to the roll bar but was curious because my kid rides in the back and has only a lap belt, so he still has to use his small car seat instead of a booster with shoulder restraint, ramble ramble ramble....[​IMG]

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

thats what I thought and your right but you have to remember this was 1974 ya know. I too plan on gettin shoulder belts that attatch to the roll bar but was curious because my kid rides in the back and has only a lap belt, so he still has to use his small car seat instead of a booster with shoulder restraint, ramble ramble ramble....[​IMG]