Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know whats wrong with my cat?***UPDATE***

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Oct 12, 2004.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

yesterday when i came home the right side of my cat's face was swollen pretty good. i gave him 1/2 an asprin crushed up in some tuna. he scarfed it down and seemed to be fine. my suspision is a bug/spider bite. well tonight he is even more swollen and there is a good size red sore right in front of his ear that is starting to ooz a tinny bit. he wont eat tonight either. i still think its a spider bite. i killed a good size black widow in my bathroom just last night. what do you guys think? her are a couple picks of the poor guy.

Poor guy

owwiee

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone know whats wrong with my cat?

why have you not taken to vet??!! Geez, cat could be dying.....its borderline animal cruelty to let an animal suffer.

Sorry, but you need to take the cat in.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

dude take the cat to the vet.
    No excuses /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

geez, here we go. if this turns into a some kinda save the animals crap i will just delete the frickin post. if its one thing i'm not,is crual to my animals. we have thee cats and three dogs. this thing just got significantly worse tonight, before that he was eating and runnig around like a he always does. i'm not about to run out the kitty imergency room tonight. just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen to their pets.

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

did someone shoot him with a BB gun? Put some neosporin on the wound or something...i would think if it was a poisonous spider hed be a lot sicker. Its not a great idea to give cats asparin either. Very easy to OD them, they don't metabolise people medication well...and 1/2 a pill is too much for even an infant. I dunno, I too vote for a trip to the vet if you care about the animal.

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    did someone shoot him with a BB gun?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think so cause yesterday there was no visible signs of sores or scratches. just swollen. now its manifested into this. weird.

and yes kitty will got to the vet. like i said, it got a lot worse tonight. the cat is indoor/outdoor and only comes in at night. its not like i take him to work with me or can call him to check up on him. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

That's a nasty absess! Looks like he definitely got bit by something and if it's oozing, that means it's really infected and probably won't get better without antibiotics or some sort of medical treatment. Our kitty got bit by somethin' on his hiney and got a big absess like that that had to be lanced. I'm voting for a trip to the vet as well. You don't want to mess around with an infection -- specially on his face like that. Prolly hurts like hell! Hope your kitty gets better!

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yesterday when i came home the right side of my cat's face was swollen pretty good. i gave him 1/2 an asprin crushed up in some tuna. he scarfed it down and seemed to be fine. my suspision is a bug/spider bite. well tonight he is even more swollen and there is a good size red sore right in front of his ear that is starting to ooz a tinny bit. he wont eat tonight either. i still think its a spider bite. i killed a good size black widow in my bathroom just last night. what do you guys think? her are a couple picks of the poor guy.

Poor guy

owwiee

[/ QUOTE ] I think I'd call the vet as soon as they open. Find out if they have a email addy, send pics, ...ect.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Slice it open

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Slice it open

[/ QUOTE ] with a scalpel and then clean it with an iodine wash, and don't forget to wear some thick leather gloves... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifYou can get that stuff at the local farm supply place...

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

my cat got in a fight and got bitten on the flank, and it got infected and swollen and oozed to the point where he couldnt walk. apparently cats have really dirty mouths and tend to carry bacteria in their saliva, so if he was in a fight, he might have gotten bit and it got infected. definately see a vet ASAP

12. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah it isn't hard. I spent my youth catching and slicing open thousands of little piggies

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I spent my youth catching and slicing open thousands of little piggies

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's what happened? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

It looks like he was in a fight.

Is there any kind of wound under his jaw or opposite the wound?

My cats mess with the possums once in awhile and those buggers clamp their whole head in their mouths and the cats end up with a wound that looks similar to what you have there.

A vet could tell you for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a spider bite or bee sting. Usually if you can find a stinger and pull it early enough it'll clear up. But at this point you probably won't and it sounds like it's getting infected. Time for the vet.

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I vote for the vet too . There has to be some emergency animal hospital in Oregon by now /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

[ QUOTE ]
    So that's what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean?

I meant castrating BTW An ocean of testicles

18. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well, he went under the knife today and they drained the absess. they said absesses like that are usually caused by punkture wounds and are often hard to see at first. we have three cats and the new neighbors have 5, so there's been some scrappin going on.

so now he has one side of his face shaved and is "draining" for the next couple days. LOL! looks worse than he did before. but he should be fine. i have to give him antibiotics twice a day too.

so there goes 165 bucks, but the kids are happy and hopefully i wont get anymore animal abuse accusations here in the Lounge. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif people sure are quick to assume and jump to conclutions. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear you got it fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I think some people think animals are like humans in a way......they love,and feel.Just like us.They hurt like us too. I woulnt worry about what other people say on here though. They are probobly just giving you a hard time /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif they do it to me all the time /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Resurrection_Joe

You could have so done that yourself with a knife and some iodine

Good to hear you did somehting though