Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know where I can buy parts/chemicals online?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 10, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm trying to order Seafoam for my bike through AdvanceAuto.com, but it keeps showing up as deleted from my cart at checkout.
    My best guess is that they won't ship chemicals. It's a little irritating that I can go shopping and then it's just inexplicably removed, but whatever...

So anyone know where I can order a chemical online?

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You can get chemicals shipped.....that's how they get to the store in the first place! Maybe you're just having a problem with the site....try calling them?

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

BTW, seafoam's website said it's not sold online....

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah I saw that, I thought they just meant through their website... Maybe that's the problem. That freakin sucks... No parts places near me sell it and it's supposed to be the best stuff for my bike. Maybe I'll dump $10 on Chevron Techron tongiht and hope for the best...

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Advanced Auto should have it in stock, just go to the store.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nearest store is very far away from me...

7. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

Murrays, Carquest, and Autozone carry it as well.

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Our Napa carrys it, I put some in a 63 Biscayne of my uncles and I noticed a change in how it ran.

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

My local NAPA sells it; let me know if you'd like me to "help" this problem...

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

The major malfunction I'm having right now is that there are 3 parts places reasonably driveable from me, and none of them carry it. Most parts places on LI are chain places that weren't listed on the Seafoam site, so driving further around probably won't help much. I'm thinking Autozone about 45 minutes from me *might* have it since they have a huge chemical aisle, so I'll make that trek this weekend when I drop off my stepdaughter. I was really hoping to get this stuff in it before riding around this weekend, what a bummer...

Hey Ken... Maybe I'll send you a self-addressed Stamped envelope/box... :thinking:

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Just give me a heads-up and I'll grab it for ya!

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Ratch..

Seafoam is just a mix of naptha & mineral spirits as a carrier. same as most any other fuel injection cleaner, buy whatever is handy locally, you don't need to get hung up on brand names. a sollvent is a solvent.

Only a couple of companies make the stuff anyway.. they just make x amount for seafoam, x amount for STP, etc, and slap the appropriate label on it.

It's cheaper to repackage it and sell it than for the refineries to hazmat it after the refining process.

Tom

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm not brand loyal to Seafoam at all, I've never even used it yet. But Everything I've read about my bike in particular (Vulcan 750) says that Seafoam is the best additive to run through the fuel system. Chevron Techron is the next, but it's not nearly as good in most Vulcan owners opinions.
    The list of treatments is pretty short for my bike, supposedly because of certain plastics used through the fuel system that deteriorate faster when using most automobile additives. If not for all those "dire warnings" from the Vulcan community, I'd have already just dumped in some STP or something...

I already screwed up the oil filter by trying to interchange with an auto filter (there are no jap bike parts places near me at all)... I put on a filter compatible with the 94-'03 engines, but mine's an '86, and there's a slight difference in outer gasket diameter. Hopefully that cam chain slapping noise I'm hearing isn't from restricted oil flow...

I'm heading to a big parts place later today, hopefully I'll find what I'm after.