Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know where the moneys at?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eightyone, Aug 8, 2005.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

welp, im tryin to find out where the money is. im 21, looking to get into some type of driving business, maybee excavating, no one really knwos. im completely lost. my goal is to own watever it is i do for a living. im from long island, and i hate it here. ide like to live on a coast, or somwhere where its not to long of a drive to see the ocean, so i dont feel clostraphobic (sp?). anyone got a job opening for a 21 year old whos never been to college, and loves driving? i dont want to spend my wholelife on the road, ide like to be home most nights, but a trip cross country is cool every once in a while. anyone got any ideas...im totally lost, i got nothing. most of my friends are gettign "real" jobs this year since they all graduated college. im hoping to have some real money someday, even if i have to werk 20 hour days. :crazy:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if you like driveing i would sugest getting you A-Z or at least D-Z (at least up here) licence, then you could get a job driveing local or somewhat local deliverys.

like my company has a 5 ton with air brakes and they have a full time driver, and he goes home each night although there are some eraly starts for him.

and dont think a "real" job has to be obtained from a higher schooling.
    do you know how many people with degreys and what not wait tables?, my friend was a licenced machenist and was damn good, he sprays for bugs now better money-:dunno:!!!!!

i dident get any more schooling and am 23 have a wife and son, and i do get to come home and see them, even though i have to work later with this new job.

a friend i worked with just when to a school sponsered by cat to get his operators licence, only about 5 grand! not bad really.

since you still not sure what to do talk to guys who do what your thinking about doing and get a feel for it

:waytogo: dave

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well i been there done that and then some. now i make good money at my current job and am considering going back to school nights here and there to become an rn. they start up to $33/hr here in maine ;)

4. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

hey darkshadow, you got any more info on that operators license? that sounds liek somethign im interested in. thanks guys.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

College is more mind conditioning... Most successful entrepenuers are dropouts... More of the rich than you'd expect have no college background...

I hate LI, too, btw...

6. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Califorina!!! I am hopefully going to be moving there in a month or so. Its 60k a year plus benifits, and im not even 21 yet. :D

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

uhhmm this is all really familiar to me, i have been and am lost in the same exact way, have been for years,

if yall figure out where the money is then let us know,

ive been thinkign about diesel school but damn im pretty damn bored/tired of wrenching, burned myself out of it,

so i dunno

and have no real skills, at all, other than vehicles

so i think im screwed, will have a wasted lifetime the way its been and is heading,,, big time,..

however something like the coast guard or something sounds really interesting to me, i kinda think about it now and then but i have no way to find out anything about it with being where i am located,, am too far away from the world out here in the corn fields,
    a way to get the hell out of land locked central USA for once and hopefully for good would be great, but its like impossible,

so i dunno,,

hmmm.....

california... how could anyoen afford ot live there ? and how can any jobs be found with all the mexicans and such ?

for real..

please elaborate

good luck

8. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

thats interestign that you mentiond the coast guard, i was going to join, and i took the tests, and was ready to go to boot camp, when they told me that because im color blind, i wont be able to do what i wanted to, and i woulndt be able to move up liek i wanted. so i gave up on that. i am still just a lost soul.

9. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well as far as the Cali thing goes, yeah the cost of living is higher than out here but, its still a huge increase in pay for me, not to mention the full benefits. I have no benefits now so that makes it worth my while. I find out In two days, if the job is mine, but they sounded like they need people like ASAP.