Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY FIRWORKS...ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Mar 12, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Gonna be driving on the 71/540 through Missouri/Arkansas, then jump on the I-40 through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona...
    Does anyone know of any fireworks warehouses along any of those? We gotta load up before coming back to Cali/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Weve gotten them outta state before, but that was along I-70...and those warehouses have some BADASS stuff compared to these cheesy stands we get here on the 4th every year. Not as good as the stuff you can bring up from Mexico...but pretty damn close....just not the 'explosives' /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Lemme know asap!!
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

No good in AZ. They are outlaw and you can't buy them. Everyone I ever knew in AZ that had them got them from Mexico.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

There is a biga$$ warehouse in Tulsa, but that is on I-44. I think there is a Indian fireworks warehouse west of OKC on I-40, but can't remember exactly where.

John

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

even though you not going through these two states: IL doesnt sell anything over sparklers- wont sell anything that makes even as much as a snap or pop(any type of powder explosive firework at all),

IA sells all the goodies pretty much at least during the 4th season at least- i dunno about rest of year.
    dont get caught hauling outlawed fireworks from a firworks not-outlawed state through or to a fireworks outlawed state, hide them good and tell no one about you having any such explosive fireworks in any fireworks outlawed state

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yeah...they only sell here on the 4th of July...and they are WEAK...last year I got all mine taken away by the fire dept. cause they went in the air /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ALL OF THEM, I had some BIG rockets and all kinds of badass stuff...I had a couple of Roman Candles...I lit one..and they were like...THANK YOU!! they had a WHOLD truck bed full of stuff the took from people!! I bet they had one hell of a 4th later on!!:D /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I'll have to check out the map and keep that in mind /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

thats pretty much how it is hear...there is ONE town in the entire surrounding counties that has a gazillion stands everywhere around the 4th...other than that...NOPE.....AND you can ONLY light them off in that city!! SO the sidewalks...shopping center parking lots are PACKED with people lighting off there 'goodies' cause its the ONLY city around that it is legal!!

I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING....

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Texas only sells them on New Years and the fourth...

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thats pretty much how it is hear...there is ONE town in the entire surrounding counties that has a gazillion stands everywhere around the 4th...other than that...NOPE.....AND you can ONLY light them off in that city!! SO the sidewalks...shopping center parking lots are PACKED with people lighting off there 'goodies' cause its the ONLY city around that it is legal!!

I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING....

[/ QUOTE ]Azusa, or City of Industry has legal fireworks, and not just the horribly crap kind either. few years back when my brother and I were in socal, we headed over there, because we'd spotted stands on the way home from my grandfathers business... we shot off some fireworks in a parkinglot, along with about a dozen other people, more likely then not from other cities.

if I recall, some of the reservations in arizona have fireworks stands, if only to stick it to `the man' in yet another way. these stands are quite obvious usually, and have large signs advertising them along the freeways and highways. dunno what kinda selection they have, as I've always assumed the highway patrol would be hanging around nearby.

I might have to drive up to Utah for 4th of july, and hang out there... granted, they don't allow flying fireworks, I can still restock my supply of `mammoth smokebombs' ( which look like a stick of dynamite, and pump out enough smoke to occlude the street for a good 2 minutes) childish, yes... do I care? nope.

-Rich

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Mychal, you can buy them just about anywhere in Missouri, 365 days a year!!! There are warehouses just about everywhere in that state!!! There are countless warehouses along the interstates, too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yup, I know...thats where I got my stock pile last time...when we went to your place. Thats probably where we will stop first...in MO./forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Wish we had time to stop in and see you and your pussy ass dogs/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Just not enought time this time!/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I'm sure we'll be out there again sometime! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY FIRWORKS...ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, TEXAS, OKLAHOM

Glad Hossbaby cleared up the AZ thing since I gave ya bad info in the other request, but ya can find them at any of those tourist traps in New Mexico.

13. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Lordsburg New Mexico is where you want to go. 20 miles east of the Arizona border at a place called Gold Hill Trading Post. It's next to a huuuuuuuge Texaco. They're good quality and somewhat cheap prices. I spent $100 last time and had 4 paper grocery bags full of illegal fireworks on there way to Arizona. If your going thru Tucson lemme know!!!!!!! It's on I 10 by the way.

14. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Ooooops I just saw you're going thru I 40, just deviate from the game plan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif