Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know where to get doors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by breakcountry, Mar 3, 2006.

1. breakcountry

breakcountry Newbie

Hey guys im new here, and i have a 75 blazer and i am trying to find some doors for it, as you all know it does not have the window frame around the top, and i havent been able to find new doors without the frame. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance:bow:

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Best alternative is to find a fellow 4x4 guy near you who is parting out a truck. Most 4x4 guys don't care to much about sheetmetal parts, and will probably hook you up. I also follow my local craigslist.com auto parts bulletin board. You have to use the search feature to find anything... I usually just try a few general searches, like "chevy truck", "parting truck" and plain old "parting". There are guys parting trucks all the time... and usually, unless its immaculate, the guys aren't looking for that much money. Its the drivetrain parts they are really trying to score all the $ with...

j

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You can use the regular doors and cut the frame off -- this is what GM did, more or less. There is a sheetmetal brace under the fiberglass cap on the rear end; you could make one or if you're lucky, get the old ones out of your doors.

Ignoring the door panel looks, and assuming you're still running manual windows/locks, you can use any door from 73-91 Burbs/Blazers/Jimmies and 73-87 pickups. (Power stuff obviously changes things, and the interior trim changed over the years ... but the door sheetmetal itself is the same.)

-- A

4. breakcountry

breakcountry Newbie

Ok, thanks guys... i was thinking of using the doors off of another blazer i have for parts. But i am about to order new fenders and i was just hoping someone made a new door without the frame. Maybe i just need to get my craftsmanship skills out and use them! lol.

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

If you wanna pay some high prices I'm sure they're in the LMC catalog.