Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone know where to get the speedo correction box on the t/case?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Jun 11, 2004.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

the little gray box on the tcase to help fix the speedo. Mine broke years ago and I'd like to get one that works before the TPI swap and all, and I need to fix my leaky thingy like the other post talks about, (been putting it off)

anyway 36" tires, 4.10, th350 off a np205 if it makes a differece

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Do you mean this PIC ?

I found it here Transmission Center

Seems they also sell kits for 2wd car guys who want new engines and trans to older 2wd apps

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look in the Yellow Pages under Speedometer Repair. You may have a local shop that can build you one. Also, there are a LOT of different gears available to stuff inside of those, so they can make just about any possible ratio that you might need. That way they can make your speedo read correctly regardless of the tire size and gear ratio changes you might have made. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

If you can't find one locally, they're commonly called speed ratio adapters, so a Google search should come up with something. I've also seen them in the past at www.speedometerservice.com /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif