Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone like really older vehicles?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Nov 25, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I REALLY want to buy an old 53-56 chevy truck or ford f-100 and restore a bit. And also a 55 or 56 chevy belair/150/210 car. I really like the looks of them espcially when they are on airbags or whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Sort of like what they did on monster garage with the history of hot rod guys /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I own a 59 GMC stepside shortbox. It's sitting partly restored at my uncle's ranch south of Calgary.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I own a 59 GMC stepside shortbox. It's sitting partly restored at my uncle's ranch south of Calgary.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i had a '49 Chevy truck for a while. same body style as the 53-early 55 you mentioned, late 55s got a different body style. the body style actually ran from 47-55. i got stupid and sold mine when we aquired a '65 El Camino. should've never done that.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh it goes from 47-55? I'm learning already /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    Is there any forums simular to this for old vehicles like these?

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I went to a few magazine sites and found A LOT of pics of 50's trucks. DARN there are a lot of nice ones. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah.......

I'd like to get something older to restore someday... But I'm more of a fan of the older International Harvester pickups... My dad had a 65, and my neighbor across the street has a 4x4 early 60's International pickup... Runs, but it's ugly as hell... Nothing fancy about those trucks either... it just has 3 sticks coming off the floor, 1 for the transmission (3 speed, wow), and 2 for the 4x4... I wish he'd sell it to me /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I think an older Willy's would be cool to restore also... I've sat in an old WWII Willy's Jeep, pretty sweet stuff...

For cars, I'd probably take an old Caddy or something like that to restore... And lower and put on some big rims... Nothing too fancy, but I do like those older cars lowered /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd probably take an old Caddy or something like that to restore... And lower and put on some big rims.

[/ QUOTE ] Why ??? Do you live in a ghetto ???

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You would of liked the cornbinder I saw today by my moms house . It was a IH , looked like a van from the front , had a stepside bed , and was lifted on 33's . I did a double take and was sure it was a IH , they made some funny stuff but this was cool . I am going back for pics soon /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

www.67-72chevytrucks.com

they actually cater to the 47-98 crowd, it was originally just a 67-72 board. great place. if you sign up, shoot me a PM over there. my logon there is 1FaastC10

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you live in a ghetto ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheyenne may as well be... What a white trash town I live in /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

But yeah... I'm not talking like hydraulics and sparkly pink paint and 500 spoke gold rims... I'm thinking a nice paint job, some 18 or so inch chrome rims, and a nice stereo system... Technically, in my book, that qualifies to be called a low rider...... well, maybe not... So throw in an inch or so drop to the list /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thanks for all the replies. I will definitly check out those sites everyone listed! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "When Stave gets it, it's pretty clear" - R_J --->11/20/04

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed something not right in your signature... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do you live in a ghetto ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheyenne may as well be... What a white trash town I live in /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

But yeah... I'm not talking like hydraulics and sparkly pink paint and 500 spoke gold rims... I'm thinking a nice paint job, some 18 or so inch chrome rims, and a nice stereo system... Technically, in my book, that qualifies to be called a low rider...... well, maybe not... So throw in an inch or so drop to the list /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Whats wrong with a 16" rim on a car that originally had 14's or 15's ?? Cheaper for both rims and tires. I was thinking of getting 17's for the El Camino, but after pricing both rims and tires I've decided on 16's. The 16 inch rim will still give me room for the larger breaks, and isn't that the whole point of a larger rim anyways ??? What other reason would there be for a larger then stock rim ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I plan on useing the Hotchkis Preformance TVS suspension kit for my El Camino. It'll drop it 1.5" in the rear and 2" in the front. Going to run 225/55r/16 on all 4 corners, on Centerline Galaxy 16x8's with 4" backspacing. My 78 El Camino Da rims

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I need to get some pics for Ya. My Dad has a 57 Bel Air 2dr hard top. A 41 DeSoto 4 dr sedan with suicide rear doors. The flat head six was totaly gone though and the paint has been redone but it's still has a ways to go. Right now We have a 40 Ford convertable in the shop that My Dad had back in high school. He sold it to His best friend in 1958 who past away a year and a half ago so His wife gave it back to My Dad. The original flat head V8 engine is at the machine shop right now getting rebuilt. The car is in pretty bad shape but it should be pretty fun getting it going again.
    Myself if I could have any old car it would have to be a stock white on mint green 53 Buick Skylark convertable with the old nail head V8 under the hood /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

pics would be great!
    thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I need to get some pics for Ya. My Dad has a 57 Bel Air 2dr hard top. A 41 DeSoto 4 dr sedan with suicide rear doors. The flat head six was totaly gone though and the paint has been redone but it's still has a ways to go. Right now We have a 40 Ford convertable in the shop that My Dad had back in high school. He sold it to His best friend in 1958 who past away a year and a half ago so His wife gave it back to My Dad. The original flat head V8 engine is at the machine shop right now getting rebuilt. The car is in pretty bad shape but it should be pretty fun getting it going again.
    Myself if I could have any old car it would have to be a stock white on mint green 53 Buick Skylark convertable with the old nail head V8 under the hood /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] How about the Buick Fireball 8 ?? It's a inline 8 instead of a V engine.