Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone like street trucks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Dec 9, 2002.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

You know the 2wd variaty. lowered a bit, big motor, big engine bay, plenty of room for some mickey thompsons in the rear, preferably a short bed. could never seem to get myself to buy a car.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> This is my Dad's street truck... I have more pics if anyone is interested.

[​IMG] </font color>

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

My Brother's truck, also my old truck. I love this thing. Has rust like no tomorrow but it was my high school "Hot Rod"

[​IMG]

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

No, maybe good if you live in a warm place year round, then again maybe not.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

how is this? this is my dads 36 ford pickup with a chevy hearbeat /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    [​IMG]

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I like that truck...and some lowered ones, just gotta be clean and not all ghetto-fied

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Sweet ride mudhog, but i hope those rims are the winter ones... cause I'm not a fan of "gold" /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Sweet ride though...

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

sure, i'd like to see more pics... got stats on it? engine, HP ect..??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

nope those rims are gone now lol that was at my cousins wedding /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif it is now painted seven stage color change with 5 stage color change flames and three stage color change painted motor. i have pics of the motor that i will upload tomorrow but the color change didn't show to well /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif still need to get some pics now that the body is painted /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, let's see if I can remember what it has, it's been awhile since I have thought about it...

The suspension is a mix of parts from various companies to acheive the drop that he wanted. Usually when the Chevys are dropped that low they have really minimal travel in the front, and he didn't want that. The solution was to mix parts and also to notch the frame in the front so the lower control arm wouldn't hit it. The rear is a pretty standard C-notched frame and a flip kit.

It's got discs all the way around, rims are 15x10 and the tires are 295/60r15s, they fit without hitting because the bedsides have been stretched out two inches, and the front fenders were stretched, but also cut and had more metal sectioned in so the bodylines stil fit right. The rollcage goes through the rear window, which is lexan, and attches to the floor of the bed with little kicker shocks. The cage is filled with foam so the noise from the bed doesn't echo through the tubes.The tonneau is aluminum, custom made, it hinges in the middle right behind where the tubes go through it. He tried to stay true to the Nascar race truck theme throughout, the stuff you see that is cosmetic, like the grill, was from when it was just a mild lowered custom truck.

The engine has a stock bottom end, but has trickflow heads, a fairly mild cam, worked throttle body and a custom burned chip. there's some other tricks in there too, but I forget exactly what they are Never been dynoed, but the seat of the pants dyno says low to mid 300hp range. All of the aluminum accessory brackets were handmade and most of the stuff under the hood that doesn't have to be there has been relocated to the bed. If the truck didn't need it to go or stop then it was removed. No heater, no A/C, just the basics. There's alot of other stuff that's been added under the hood since the pictures were taken, racer stuff, like an aluminum catch can for the radiator and aluminum panels to cover the inside of the fenders.

Interior was worked over pretty good, in these pics it still has the stereo, but the gauges were all changed to Autometers except for the speedo, he hasn't quite worked out how to eliminate the speedo and still have the computer work. The speed sensor is in the computer on these trucks so it's kind of hard. Basically since these pics were taken he took it to the next level, removing weight where he could without sacrificing a modicum of comfort while driving it around town. He unfortunately bought a Mustang GT earlier this year and lost interest, he drove the truck to my house when I was installing my axles last weekend and that was the first time I've seen it out from under the cover in about a year. It got to the point that he couldn't go anywhere without people stopping him and asking him a bazillion questions, so it ceased to be his daily driver about 3 years ago.

He built the whole thing, nobody else has ever worked on that truck. the stickers are all off of it now too, BTW. It lookes cool with them, but a bit more sedate without. Not nearly as many sideways looks when you're driving down the road though.

More pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] </font color>

11. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Thats a about what i want to do when i get my 89 stepside back. lowered 2/3, some bigger swaybars, 18's (but nice 18's) and some motor work, headers and dual exhaust. nice buckets, man this is turning into a mix of the unlimited funds and dream car post for me ill shutup now.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

well, here is what's in my driveway. not a classic body style or anything, but i've always liked the short wides. picked it up off my nephew dirt cheep. he baught it off a buddy who stuffed a big ass cam and some headers on it. its pretty straight but is rattle canned black. trannie is getting tired. good starter though. i don't know, guys, i might convert over to 2wd land. no t cases, no axle swaps, no expensive swampers. just motor and trannie (you know, the real cheep components! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

[​IMG]

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

As long as it doesn't have those FUGLY spoke G-Fag rims, and the moron hydrolics that makes it bounce, it's all good.

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

don't know what you guys'll think of this, but it's my other baby. i got her back in sept. don't know if you'd call it a street truck or not. got a 383 stroker, th350, headers, flowmasters w/3 1/2" pipes &amp; headers. still need to do a lot more work. the colors look better than that, it's just that the pic scanned really badly http://www.geocities.com/jwredingk5/tangerine03.jpg

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Love them old trucks...... I drove a '49 Ford f-1 in High School and wish I never sold it...... I had an Olds 425 that I droped in it and it would fly..... My best friends father had a '32 Ford with a 327 in it.....

17. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Thats a nice truck Shaggy - what year is it? 88 or 89?

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's an 89. He bought it new and this is the 4th version that he's built. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif </font color>