Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Line the Inside?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Qubit, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Qubit

Qubit Registered Member

I got a 2-door 1996 Tahoe, and I'm thinking of rippin' out the carpets and lining the interior with Line-x/Rhino or whatever.

I'm just curious if anyone else out there has done this....?

I imagine it might be difficult because there is no removable top, and there may be a ton of wires to route (I have the LT package + handless phone, alarm, and a bunch of other useless [censored] that I should just rip out).

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I thought about doing the same thing to my 96 Tahoe until I had to find a speaker wire for a sub-woofer.

There is no way in hell I would even attempt it because of all the wiring. Like you said, there is no removable top, so water getting in is not a problem.

3. Qubit

Qubit Registered Member

damn...how much wiring did you find? I have the LT package with power seats and all that garbage...

[censored], it's gonna be hard deciding what to keep: the 86 blazer or 96 tahoe /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have the LT package with all the goodies except rear A/C. As far as how much wiring.........................ever see the inside of the space shuttle??