Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone live in the kansas side of kansas city??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudgirl1972, Apr 6, 2004.

1. mudgirl1972

mudgirl1972 Registered Member

well after 11 years of having our own business we have decided to close up and move, sick of not making any money or time to ourselves. we are moving to overland park ks, i have a job at a hospital on the vent unit, and the husband is still looking for a job in the automotive field, he hasn't had to look for a job in 13 years so this is all pretty new to him. our 12 year is more than fine with this move, hes like cool don't have to drive 2 1/2 hours for waffle house anymore. if any of ya are in that area if you hear of any leads for jobs that would be good for the hubby let me know, hes worked on anything from old cars to new, farm machinery well about anything and everything. thanks alot. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm west of K.C. by 3 hours. Overland Park is an expensive place to live! I've been in and out of K.C. literally hundreds of times and will never live there nor around the surrounding cities. But to each his/her own. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

I live In Olathe, I'd recommend Superior Chevrolet. It's in Shawnee, about a 15-20 minute drive at the most from almost anywhere on Overland Park. I know two people that work there, they both love it and several of my automotive teachers in college recommended Superior.

4. mudgirl1972

mudgirl1972 Registered Member

yea its expensive, but when you are used to giving the bank 1500.00 while your broke then this shouldn't be a problem for us, we wanted our son in a good school since nebraska can't figure that one out yet, and i know alot of people who are teachers that know teachers in kansas and say the schools are a+. thanks for your help on this guys /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Let us know when you get to town...