Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone live near or in Las Vegas? East Coaster on the way out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Sep 16, 2003.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I'm heading to Vegas(first time /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif) October 10th through the 15th. Anyone overdue for a night or weekend to Sin City for some debauchery? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Anyone have any ideas on what I should see and do? We are staying in the Flamingo which I know is centrally located and my brother wants to hit Freemont Street which I've been told is a Mardi Gras type environment any other ideas? And remember...what goes on in Vegas...stays in Vegas! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i jus moved away from there, i lived there for 18 yrs.

hit all the clubs you can; rain, ra, olympic garden*, spearmint rhino*, then go up and down the strip one or two nights all night. itll take two to see most of the stuff. go to ceasars palace, the stratoshpere tower, the MGM, the aladdin, the luxor, monte carlo, bellagio... there are a ton of nice places around there. and try to see some shows like "blue man group", "circ de sloeil" and just about anything else you van see.

if u have any more questions let me kno.

* adult stuff

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Don't forget the coasters and the big shot on top of the stratosphere... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI could ride that thing all damn day long...zero gravity at 1150 feet kick arse... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I'm going to try to get in as much as I can, I know it will be a long time before I go back. Any suggestions on what not to do?

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I am going to see if I can muster up the courage to ride that thing. My other brother(Daryll/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) went on it and said as soon as the ride started he was freaking out and saying to himself, "This just ain't right..."/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif and he isn't afraid of much.

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

The engineers and designers of that ride actaully recommended that it not be built. It was built anyway, over their objections. I don't think I'd ride it.

But you MUST see Cirque Du Soliel's show at the Bellagio. Called "O" Worth every penny. Not another show like it anywhere and it's their best to date I think. It's not a show that will ever go on the road so the only opportunity to see it is in Vegas.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My other brother(Daryll;))

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Umm.. yeah... don't spend most of your time sleeping and looking at rocks in the [darn] desert... The only thing I didn't like about my trip there last month was everyone wanted to sleep and the driver (friends moms ex-boyfriend) decided we all had to see the hoover dam and lake mead and rocks and stuff... and it sucked...

But yeah... Go to the stratosphere, that thing is badass /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The engineers and designers of that ride actaully recommended that it not be built. It was built anyway, over their objections. I don't think I'd ride it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That I did not know. Interesting. Now I have to really grow some big _____'s! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    don't spend most of your time sleeping

[/ QUOTE ]

You think with a name like "NoAngel" I'm going to be doing much sleeping? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Surely, you jest!

10. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

have a good time and be safe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif