Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone live where u don't need a title to register an older vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by antisleepman, Mar 12, 2007.

1. antisleepman

antisleepman Registered Member

I bought a jimmy without a title from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from the original owner, that didn't give him the title. I know there are some states that don't need a title to get a title for an older vehicle. I live in FL and in AL it's for 75 or older vehicle. I'm lookin for someone to "sell" my jimmy to so they can title it, then "sell" it back to me:wink1: any help would be great

2. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

when I got my blazer he didn't have the title. what you do is have them fill out a bill of sale then go to the DMV with it and start from there. I told them that I lost the title, signed a paper turned in the bill of sale and now I have a title for it.

Also how long has it been since it was registered? If its old enough it might be out of the system,and or have a lot of fees to pay

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I would imagine your DMV would simply allow you to file for a lost title. Heck of a lot simpler (and probably legal lol) than what you are proposing.

As long as you have a bill of sale, even hand written, it should be no big deal.

4. antisleepman

antisleepman Registered Member

no quite....i spent some good time talkin to the dmv and tax collectors office about it. They said that to do it the right way, in florida, i'd have to fill out a bunch of paperwork and go to court. Which i'm not goin to do. They women at the tax collectors office said "i'm not sayin this, but if you know someone in alabama, see if they can title it." Which brings me back to the point of the Jimmy not bein old enough. I know there's a few states that don't require it. I think with of the Virginia's doesn't. It's just a mess right now to deal with

5. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I know in Alabama they want the pink, and a bill of sale, and a vin check.

6. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

georgia you dont need a title if the truck is over 20 years old