Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone looking for a Burb let me know................

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Jul 20, 2004.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

.........mine will be going up for sale in the next few weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

'91 V2500 loaded with 4L80E tranny (serviced and flushed by Weston GMC last fall), motor is a 5.7L TBI, both motor and tranny were rebuilt about 40K ago (according to previous owner - no smoke, been running Mobil 1 for the past 35K miles etc) - 176K on rig. Shifts nice and hard. Has tow package, front and rear air, full power, all windows tinted except the front two (and the windshield), 6" TC lift, 35" X Terrains, RS9000 shocks, front end fully rebuilt a year ago by Ron (POWERMAD), new brakes, Warn hubs, KC lights, ALL the HD 3/4 ton coolers (power steering, engine oil, tranny), new aluminum radiator, K&N filter, new 3" exhaust from y pipe back with new cat and Magna Flow muffler, 1.5" wheel spacers in the rear for that 'evened out look' /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif , 4.10 gearing, Gov Lock rear (14BSF), 3rd row seat. Running down to Oysterville gets me 14 mpg GPS verified. Around town not quite as impressive. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bad side - cruise doesn't hold all the time (think the solenoid is going) and has clear coat 'crystallizing' in spots. Still looks great. Drivers side window slow. That's it.

Why am I selling the beast? One reason - buying a Cummins. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Price - $6000 - pics on webshots link below.

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Dang Frank! That makes me want to sell my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif and buy yours! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I might have to give you a call.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Only 1 question though, did you ever get that stick front d-shaft fixed?

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why am I selling the beast? One reason - buying a Cummins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm there with ya. Starting to look at the 1st gens...

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Dang Frank! That makes me want to sell my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif and buy yours! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I might have to give you a call.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Only 1 question though, did you ever get that stick front d-shaft fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the week after we wrestled that dang thing...........was only in need of a little PB Blaster to free it up, then I took it apart, cleaned the splines, lubed it and reassembled. No problemo......... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep, the week after we wrestled that dang thing...........was only in need of a little PB Blaster to free it up, then I took it apart, cleaned the splines, lubed it and reassembled. No problemo.........

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I think I'll talk to the wife tonight /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

It's for sale for sure now............

Also has a 500 watt Pioneer/MTX stereo system in it with remote and 10's in a box.............and a CB. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Did you buy the cummins? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

10. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Damn to bad I don't have 14K handy. Both Frank inspired rigs are for sale.
    Although if I had 14K to spare I would be hard pressed not to drive away in the 69 Trans Am I seen the other day LOL
    Seriouly the burb is a nice rig, drives very nice. Nice sound system too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you buy the cummins? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, beginning the search. Have options if I don't sell the Burb right away so I just want to find the ONE I want..........shortbed HO 6 speed 2001/2002. Might go auto but prefer a stick in this case for durability when the bombing bug bites me.......... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    prefer a stick in this case for durability when the bombing bug bites me..........

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Well, when you find the one you want, we'll have to hook up for lunch at Juliano's so I can check it out! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    prefer a stick in this case for durability when the bombing bug bites me..........

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Well, when you find the one you want, we'll have to hook up for lunch at Juliano's so I can check it out! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do.........gonna be starting work over in Vancouver on the west side of I-5 @ Fourth Plain so I'll be in your 'hood' a lot.......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Can you believe Truck Trader put it in the 'FORD' section..............morons! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Thats a descrace(sp?)